Author Topic: Can someone in HS repair my 30 meter band QRP rig?  (Read 616 times)

Offline HS0ZIB

Can someone in HS repair my 30 meter band QRP rig?
« on: July 11, 2015, 08:58:46 AM »
I have just bought a QRP, PSK rig from an overseas company.  It operates on a fixed frequency in the 30mb.

Although the rig is brand new, there seems to be a problem with the audio out circuit.  A strong test signal from my HF rig is passed through, but weak.  If I connect my QRP rig to antenna and my sound card, the waterfall background audio level is -20, with nothing present.

I use PSK rigs everyday with the same audio cable, sound-card, sound card settings etc.  Therefore, after testing/swapping cables, sound cards etc, I am sure there is a problem with my new QRP rig.

I have the circuit diagram of this simple rig.

I do not want to post the rig overseas for repair, (because I have lost rigs in the post on previous occasions).

I do not have the necessary test equipment to fault-find this rig.  I need a scope, maybe RF probe etc.

Is there someone in Thailand who can repair this little rig, trace the RF input signal through?

I think the RF transmit side works fine.

The fault is probably something simple, a dry joint or whatever.

Of course, I am happy to pay a repair price

If you can help, please contact me on this board, or call me on 0900033945 (ผมพุดภาษาไทยได้)