Author Topic: High End 6KVA Uninterruptible Power System (UPS)  (Read 3123 times)

Offline HS0ZIL

• Life is too short for QRP!!
    • Moonbouncing
High End 6KVA Uninterruptible Power System (UPS)
« on: February 14, 2015, 03:29:02 PM »
High Guys,
i have a new and professionell 6KVA Single Phase "Chloride Linear MK II 6/11" UPS for sell.
I took it with me from Germany and wanted to use it for my new shack. The only problem is, that i didn`t get it run until now. There is no power on the low voltage site, so i cannot turn it on. Don`t know what happened during the shipping.
The last and only time i charged the batteries were in late September last year. The UPS is new and never used! It should be built in to a Wind power station in Germany, but the investor was going insolvent.
The UPS was build in Germany by "Masterguard GmbH". The new name of the company is SAPOTEC GmbH Austria [size=78%]http://www.sapotec.at/[/size]
Because the technical details are very extensive, i will post a link to the multi language manual of the UPS.
http://1drv.ms/1Azlvv3
The price on ebay is around 2500 Euro!!!!
I am asking 5.000 THB for the UPS!! updated on 02.02.17
Requirement: Self pick up at my QTH near Khon Kaen!!!

Drop me an mail if you are really interested: hs0zil@moonbouncing.net

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:24:42 PM by HS0ZIL »
HS    EME#2
HS0Z EME#1
1st WAC 144MHz EME in HS

QTH: OK16bq

Offline HS0ZLJ

Re: High End 6KVA Uninterruptible Power System (UPS)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 12:34:39 AM »
Hey Karsten,

Before you throw it away, open the box and check the batteries. Likely lead acid types who may just have gone dead. Too dead to get the charger electronics alive. You could put them on a car charger (if 12V) and see if they recover. Replacement cells are possibly available from Amorn, perhaps need some fitting.

Good luck!
Marcus (would give it a shot but I'm in Chiang Mai)
Marcus, Chiang Mai
DL4AKB / 9V1AG / HS0ZLJ

Offline HS0ZIL

• Moonbouncing
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 06:11:28 PM »
Moin Marcus,

thank your for your comment! Yes, i am also thinking, that the batteries are complete down. But i don`t have the time and positive power to have a look, HI!!!

73 de Karsten, HS0ZIL

HS    EME#2
HS0Z EME#1
1st WAC 144MHz EME in HS

Offline HS0ZIL

• Moonbouncing
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 03:05:40 PM »
Hello,
as you can read in the previous post i thought, that the batteries are down. That is true!! Today i opened the UPS and was measuring the 20x 12V batteries. The Voltage is between 1V and 3.5V. But if you have a charger like one from the company  CTEK http://www.ctek.com/int/en it is not a problem to rescue the batteries.
If you buy this one, i will give you a second UPS with 3KW single phase for free. It has also empty batteries. I will sell the stuff because i need the place :-)
Have a look at the photo from the inside. Made today! All batteries are lead acid ones with12V/7Ah!
So, who will come visit me near Khon Kaen?

73 de Karsten, HS0ZIL

HS    EME#2
HS0Z EME#1
1st WAC 144MHz EME in HS

Offline HS0ZLJ

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 05:06:38 PM »
Interesting configuration. So I assume the second set of 10 batteries are on the other side of the box. Are they all in series or 2x 120V? This is actually a drawback, as one could have just swapped the small 12V bats with a car battery, not possible in this setup. Anyway, it should increase efficiency when there is no step up converter involved and the inverter draws from 240V DC directly.

Bit of gambling to get them revived, may work, may not, one dead cell kills it all. But still worth a try :).

Can't promise anything, but we are planning to go to the inlaws in Roi Et sometime. If madame makes a decision :). I'd certainly drop by and take that thing. I'm in the process of installing solar panels here and this would be a nice addition to the system. Will let you know!

73, Marcus
Marcus, Chiang Mai
DL4AKB / 9V1AG / HS0ZLJ

Offline HS0ZIL

• Moonbouncing
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 12:26:16 PM »
TNX Marcus!
Sent you private Mail!!
HS    EME#2
HS0Z EME#1
1st WAC 144MHz EME in HS

Offline HS0ZIL

• Moonbouncing
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 11:05:57 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen,

since last week i have a new Honda Power Supply and don`t need anymore the High End UPS! I was checking the UPS once again and know that the batteries are High sulphated. The Battery Voltages are between 1,6 - 4,3V. So the batteries may need to be replaced. There are 20 X GP12GP72    12V,7.2GP batteries GP 1270 inside from "CSB Battery TO Taiwan HQ"! The Distributor in Thailand is "Renew Technologies Co. Ltd." in Bangkok! http://www.renewtech.co.th
The price for one battery GP1272 (newer type) is 580 Bht!! Shipping costs inside Thailand are 490 Baht (100kg!!!). So you will have a real unused and cheap UPS for 11600 or 12090 Baht!!

I will ask now 5000,-- Baht and you will get this 6KVA Power Supply and an additional 3KVA Power Supply!! updated on 02.02.17

I don`t know what happened with the second Power Supply, but i think that the batteries are also down!!!
So don`t wait too long otherwise i change my mind and buy the batteries myself.

By the way, i was talking with the Manufacturer "Sapotec" and they told me, that the Power Supply won`t start if the Voltage of the batteries are too low! That is why the Low Voltage side didn`t start!! The new price of this UPS was 3750,-- EURO!!!!!

The data sheet of the battery is attached!!

73 de Karsten, HS0ZIL
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:21:33 PM by HS0ZIL »
HS    EME#2
HS0Z EME#1
1st WAC 144MHz EME in HS

Offline HS0ZIL

• Moonbouncing
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »
I need place in my shack!
5000 Baht and both are yours!
HS    EME#2
HS0Z EME#1
1st WAC 144MHz EME in HS