Author Topic: Recruiting VE's  (Read 1638 times)

hs0zdp

Recruiting VE's
« on: August 20, 2008, 10:29:26 AM »

Calling all U.S. licensed hams!   We would like to have as many ARRL registered Volunteer Examiners (VE) as possible available to assist in a U.S. license testing program here in Thailand.  If you have a U.S. license at the General class or higher, you can help.  A U.S. Amateur Extra class license is even better.

Please see the information on the ARRL website at the following URLs:

http://www.arrl.org/arrlvec/become-a-ve.html

Download the VE manual at http://www.arrl.org/arrlvec/vemanual/index.html

The manual tells you everything you need to know to become a VE.

To conduct testing here in Thailand, we must have at least three VEs present.  To allow for unexpected circumstances, we should have at least four or five VEs scheduled to attend each testing session, then if one of them is unable to attend at the last minute, we can still conduct the test.

I know that there are several Amateur Extra class licensees here in Thailand. Some are U.S. citizens, others are Thai, and there may be other nationalities as well, all of you can help by becoming an ARRL VE and from time-to-time participating in a testing session.

I encourage anyone who is already a VE to contact me as soon as possible at w3vk@arrl.net

Thank you.  :)

73  Dr. Dave  HS0ZDP/W3VK

P.S.  There is also a need for people to assist with training classes to help prepare others for the tests.

P.P.S.  There are also U.S. licensed hams who visit Thailand on a regular basis on holiday.  If you are currently an ARRL VE, or become one, and would like to help out as a VE at a testing session here in Thailand during your holiday, let us know.  :D

Offline paul

Re: Recruiting VE's
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:27:52 AM »
PAUL HS0ZIN  SOMEBODY  MAY BE CONTACTING ME WHO HAS VE CALL WANTING TO OPERATE IN THAILAND QTH NOW BANGKOK
IS THIS NOW POSSIBLE?
PAUL hs0zin

hs0zdp

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 12:14:26 PM »
Paul,   "VE" in this thread refers to volunteer examiner for U.S. amateur license exams, not to VE callsign prefix (Canada).  I don't believe that there is a reciprocal licensing agreement yet between Canada and Thailand.  http://www.qsl.net/rast/text/Licensing08.html

73, Dr. Dave HS0ZDP/W3VK

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 05:00:18 PM »
Outside this thread, 'VE' is, of course, the most common CANADIAN prefix; the other, more recent, one being 'VA'.

I am one 'VA' currently QTH'd in BKK, who is planning to 'HS0Zxx'. However, I may be waiting for a more formal Ham radio qualifications exchange agreement between Thailand and Canada to emerge first. I understand that such an agreement is in the works.

Thanks for your read.

-Chris Stanford (VA6CS)