Author Topic: HS0/EA4BKA - SK - Eddy - RIP!!  (Read 904 times)

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
HS0/EA4BKA - SK - Eddy - RIP!!
« on: May 25, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »

"Quote of Tony HS0ZDX"

I trust you received the sad news of the passing of Eduardo Campos-Tortosa (Eddy), HS0/EA4BKA that I sent to you yesterday.
As promised, here are the details of the memorial services. There will be a Catholic Mass followed by a Buddhist cremation ceremony, which will be conducted on Monday, May 27, 2013.
The services will begin with the Mass at 9 a.m. at St Nikolaus Catholic Church in Pattaya. Directions: If travelling from Bangkok, after reaching Pattaya make a U-turn at the Pattaya Klang intersection and the church will be on your left on the northbound lane of Sukhumvit Highway after 250 metres.
After this service, there will be a cremation ceremony at the nearby Wat Nong Yai which will take place at 10.30 a.m. Directions: To travel to the temple from the church by car, head northbound along Sukhumvit Road and make a U-turn after 2.6 km. The entrance to Wat Nong Yai will be on your left after 200 metres.
  May Eddy rest in peace.
  Sincere 73,
   Tony, HS0ZDX

"End of Quote of Tony HS0ZDX"

"Quote of Tony HS0ZDX"

Hi,
 It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that Eduardo Campos-Tortosa (Eddy), HS0/EA4BKA, and formerly HS1ALP, passed away at 02.35 a.m. this morning (May 23, 2013) from complications arising from acute emphysema. He was 72 years old.
 Eddy, who had served for many years as a diplomat at the Spanish Embassy in Bangkok, had been a member of RAST for almost 40 years and he had helped the society in its long struggle for amateur radio to be recognized by the Thai Government as a legitimate and legal activity, including making an appearance in the mid-1970's on Thai Television Channel 4 with former RAST President Kamchai Chotikul, HS1WR-SK, and former Director General of the Post and Telegraph Department Sribhumi Sukanetr, HS1SS to explain amateur radio to the public.
 Eddy had also served on RAST committees on several occasions, including holding the post of International Secretary for the society from 1978-1980.
 He had been active from Thailand under the callsign issued by RAST which had been HS1ALP and later, and up until he passed away, he had operated with the callsign HS0/EA4BKA and he had also participated in all major events organized by RAST, including many Southeast Asia Network (SEANET) conventions, most recently the convention hosted by RAST in Lampang in 2007.
 He will be deeply missed by his family and his many, many friends around the world.
 There will be a Buddhist cremation ceremony to be conducted in Bangkok and as soon as I have more information about this I will let you know the details in a follow-on message.
 May he rest in peace.
  Sincere 73,
   Tony Waltham, HS0ZDX

"End of Quote of Tony HS0ZDX"

RIP Eddy!'

HS0ZFZ - Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt