Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4179 times)

HS0ZIE

Hello
« on: March 08, 2008, 01:52:02 PM »
Not many are using this forum but I hope it will be better.  :D

A short presentation of my self  HS0ZIE My name is Kurt and home call is SM7WGP, we moved here to
Thailand in August 2007 and we live in Maejoo about 20 km from Chiangmai.
My next door Ham friend as I call him is Don HS0ZEE his living down the street about 2km.

My wife is Thai and we have been married for soon about 30 years next year coming.
So now I'm in pension and will hopefully stay here in Thailand the rest of my Life, In a wounder full warm country and not in the cold winters of Scandinavia with snow and ice.  ;D
Have already made some contact with the farrang community on 20 and 40 meters but I hope it will be more Thai Hams also I'm qrv on 2meters also and scanning the repeaters in the north but always available on 145.675 HS5AC

73s from Chiangmai

Offline HS0ZIL

• Life is too short for QRP!!
    • Moonbouncing
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:58:03 PM »
High Kurt,
saw the new forum today and find it very good! But very low activity it seems!
I am very often in Thailand since 25 years! My wife is Thai too!! I am interesting in
people who are interested to VHF/UHF activities, especially in EME!
I will come to Thailand this weekend! We will stay near Khon Kaen in the northeast!
So, i don`t think that i will have a chance to contact you!

73 from Flensburg

Karsten
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:48:03 AM by DL2LAH »
HS    EME#2
HS0Z EME#1
1st WAC 144MHz EME in HS

QTH: OK16bq

SA7ARD

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 12:53:18 AM »
Hello
My name is Hans
I have been visiting Finn in HS0AC  2 times
I rounded 50  last year spending my winter holyday in Non din Daeng - Buriram province with my wife - thai she is.
I still have to work for some years b4 i can retire , but ill occationally take a trip to the warm land :)
I am danish work in Denmark , live in Sweden  got the fine call  oz1 chicken  (oz1GAI)  and  SA7ARD.
I am on radio mostly from Sweden.
On skype i can b found  as oz1gai3230.
hope to catch some hs stns - but  its hard  to push thru the splutski splutski svetlana kilowatts.

and  i found this  forum due to  it was mentionned in QTC nr 4   april 2008 in Sweden.
didnt know of it b4 !

Gratulation with the diploma  to   HS1CKC OZ1HET SM3DYU  W2YR   
73 all  the best de SA7ARD Hans

hs0zdy

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 09:30:26 PM »
Hi Hans/Kurt and the rest.

Finn sent the clip from QTC and I also got the magazine in the mail today.. Met Karsten and a few other new faces at todays meeting. Alexander was plugging for this forum, so hopefully a few more guys will appear. Kurt has been doing his bit in SM-land so as long as we keep pushing, things will happen. Now when the biggest phone contest for the year is over (CQ WPX) get that karaoke mic away and dust off the keyer for the CW portion, end of may. You will most likely find me in that contest, trying to beat my own record..

73's
Sam ZDY

Offline HS0ZIB

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 10:03:16 PM »
Hi Kurt and everyone!

I'm Simon HS0ZIB from the UK (UK callsign = G6JFY).  Living in Thailand since 2002.  Married to a Thai lady and with a young family.  We live in Phuket and own the Phuket Airport Hotel where I have my TS850S, 20 metre band dipole and 40 metre band wire dipole.

I try to listen on 20m most evenings, and I am only 400 metres from the Indian Ocean, so I get a good signal into India and Sri Lanka! Also contacts east into the pacific (Guam, Yap etc).

This forum could be very good if we all start using it!!!

Simon

Robin

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 07:07:10 PM »
Hello everyone, just joined the forum and not too sure how to use it yet. My name is Robin and hopefully will be moving to HS land later this year. Also have a Thai wife, and a bungalow near Pak Chong in Nakhon Ratchasima. Just downloaded the Thai band plan. Will be watching the forum with interest. 73 to all, Robin G8DRN/M0RCR/HS0ZIH

Offline hs1jnb

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 10:43:07 AM »
Hi Kurt
I am hs1jnb name SAKOL I don't know RAST have rastforum
this is way for announce news or anything active from RAST
or member thank you good lucks

e20ehq

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 12:01:50 PM »
Hi Kurt,
          I'm kamol E20EHQ. I just knew yesterday that RAST open a forum.
          Anyway, I hope this forum will be joining us to do activities together.

Thank you,
Kamol

F8DEG

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is G

Ruth

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »
hello everyone....
my name is Ruth, i'm from 9M (Malaysia), currently waiting for my RAE result, i'm a member of Malaysia Radio Amateur Emergency Service Society.Hope to meet new friend from Thailand..