Author Topic: LoTW users in Thailand.  (Read 1013 times)

Offline HS0ZAC

LoTW users in Thailand.
« on: July 27, 2012, 01:24:05 PM »
My first post to the forum. I want to see it used more.

I finally got my W5MMT and HS0ZAC calls registered with the ARRL's Logbook of The World (LoTW).  Try to get set up to operate and make it easy to QSL for those station I work to add Thailand to their awards.

Anyone else here set up with LoTW?

Paul

W5MMT / HS0ZAC

Offline HS0ZIA

Re: LoTW users in Thailand.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:37:51 PM »
How difficult was it to set up?

Offline HS0ZAC

Re: LoTW users in Thailand.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:16:17 PM »
Some, but not too bad. I first did my US call, W5MMT. For that you have to download the program and do the key request. They will then send a postcard with a password and they will only send it to your FCC registered station address from the FCC ULS site. After  you get that (I had my brother get it and fax it to me while I was in Thailand), I then logged on and used that password and THEN they emailed me the electronically signed certificate for my U. S. call.

If your a non U.S. station, you must mail them a copy of your non U.S. ham license  postmarked with that countries postmark.

Once I got the U.S. certificate, I just had to log in with that and send them a scan of my Thai license with a U.S. photo ID. A day later I was emailed the electronically signed certificate for HS0ZAC.

Now all I have to do is enter the info in my HamLog program on my iPhone or iPad and export and log on and transfer the ADIF file from HamLog. Any contacts matching the log entries instantly are given credit for the ARRL awards and the QSL is confirmed. And, for me too.