Author Topic: There is no Citizen Band (CB) at 27 Mhz / 11 meter?  (Read 15239 times)

Thanh-BKK

Re: There is no Citizen Band (CB) at 27 Mhz / 11 meter?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 07:26:06 PM »
Hi :)

Thank you so much for your help. I looked at that site, it keeps crashing Firefox because of some video thingy but it works in Opera (i use Linux). i will let my boyfriend (Thai) help me "reading" what's there.... meanwhile i go to 7-Eleven to get new batteries for my 27 MHz :) It still receives but when i press the PTT it shuts off. Hasn't been used for a while........ Later i'll hang my antenna outside and see if i can catch someone - looking at that site you gave me it seems there is some activity indeed.

regarding the antenna, i have been to two shops, one is "Radio Shack" and the other is some shop near Phra Khanong BTS station which has lots of HAM and 245 MHz equipment - neither of them had ANYTHING for 27 MHz, when i asked for it they both said "Thailand no have". Radio Shack had a catalogue though and would have been able to order an antenna for me - but i don't pay 10,000 Baht for an antenna that i can get off E-Bay for 20 Dollars. A simple 1/2 wave vertical will do, i have only 4 watts anyway.

Are you from Bangkok? if so, maybe you could let me know where i can find a shop that has 27 MHz stuff, specially antennas?? I would highly appreciate it :)

Many thanks in advance....

your Thanh

PS i have German nationality.

HS0ZIE

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 07:35:02 PM »
Ok Tahn

I live in Chiangmai so I cant help you more than buy the 100 Watt magazine there are lots of stores in BKK and KWANG HAM is the biggest with 9 shops in BKK

So God luck shopping

By the way most of the time the Thais says NO HAVE is that they don't understand what you mean , so its more easy to say no have then try to understand what you want to Have.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 07:41:23 PM by HS0ZIE »

Thanh-BKK

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »

I been 'round town yesterday trying to get hold of that magazine - Asia Books/Central World, Carrefour, Tesco Lotus On Nut, Asia Books Central Bangna.... "no have" all over. And i had my Thai boyfriend with me, so these "no have" weren't based on non-understanding of the question :)

Today hung my antenna outside and fired up the rig - narda, couldn't talk to anyone. However after calling CQ on the 555 for the very first time there were two more Thai stations starting to call DX, one using a CB-type handle, the other one a HAM type but adding "division 153". That second one then apparently had a reply from the Philippines but i couldn't hear that station. And idiot me didn't have pen and paper, so i didn't memorize the handles.

I think i really need to get a decent antenna first, my Bazooka may be good but the only way i can put it up - 10 cm's away from the reinforced-concrete wall of my building, and not reaching over the top of the ceiling.... plus the TRX being a hand-held, those are usually kind of "deaf" anyway.

Best regards.....

Thanh

HS0ZIE

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 07:35:28 AM »
www.153rt.com

Check this webbpage its the official 153HS  site  ;D

M0XDW

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 10:53:22 AM »
100 watt is due to be published today according to our local magazine shop, my wife tried to buy it this morning but it hadn't arrived yet so the new issue should be out real soon.

Dave

HS0ZIE

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 11:06:13 AM »
Link to 100watt web page.

http://www.100watts.com/index1.html

Thanh-BKK

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 12:09:02 PM »

Thanks for that. Some conspiracy going on again it seems - 153rt.com is another site that contains some sort of embedded video which immediately crashes every browser i throw at it (tested on two different computers, Linux and Windows, and 5 browsers - Opera, Firefox, Netscape, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome) and on the 100watts.com, clicking the "contact" link gives a "page not found" error. Great.

All i want is an antenna!!

I think i'll stick to E-Bay. That works, at least :)

But anyway coming weekend i'll be able to check again for that magazine, sure if there's a new issue coming out today then it's no wonder the old one was no longer available.

Best regards....

Thanh

HS0ZIE

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 03:56:26 PM »
Hi Tahn

If you are using Fire Fox  down load the Microsoft  media player for Fire Fox then you will be ok had the same problem here before.
God luck ;D