Author Topic: Can I apply for a Thai callsign ?  (Read 2181 times)

LAVA

Can I apply for a Thai callsign ?
« on: August 15, 2011, 10:42:45 PM »
Hi

I am a Norwegian citizen and Im living in Thailand more than 6 months each year.  

I have not been using my Ham callsign LA6WIA for many years but was thinking to try to have some fun again when Im staying at my place in Thailand and buy a HF transceiver here.

Now can I do this or is it difficult for foreigners here?  Thanks.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:44:45 PM by LAVA »

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
Re: Can I apply for a Thai callsign ?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 09:05:46 AM »
Dear OM,

well have a look on the this post

http://rastforum.com/index.php?topic=418.0

if you are national of one of these countries you could apply for license in HS - but LA is not on the list!

So you could go to get the reciprocal agreement ready between LA and HS then it would be possible! or you have a 2nd passport/nationalty apply for a callsign in that country - of course it has to be a country from the reciprocal agreement list (link given above!) then you could apply for a call here.

Anyway you have to be a RAST member and hope to see you during your stay in HS at our monthly meetings.

Please be informed about rules and regulations here in HS - Thailand is not a CEPT agreement member and the clocks ticking there own way - if know that what could be possible then it's fine - there are a lot of advices here on the forum.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:46:57 AM by HS0ZFZ »
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

LAVA

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 04:19:28 PM »
Thank you for the reply.

So as I understand it Thailand only have reciprocal agreements with a few countries in Europe.
I can see that Sweden is on the list , I live close to the border but that is of no help to me.   ;)

So I can just forget it then , unless I can ask the Norwegian tele authority to make an agreement with Thailand...

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 09:53:14 AM »

That is correct ...  We are welcoming new countries ....

Next country probably will be OZ - Danemark
This agreement is still missing the last signature from the New Thai government and then it will be officially announced.

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt