Author Topic: To the committee of the Radio Amateur Society of Thailand  (Read 6591 times)

Offline k4hyz

To the committee of the Radio Amateur Society of Thailand
« on: June 14, 2011, 07:48:29 PM »
I am asking for the attention of the committee members of RAST. I would ask in the help to expedite reciprocal license applications. I personally have submitted complete documents 3 1/2 months ago. As of this post have not received my license. I know of other applicants that also have been waiting excessive time. I am understanding that things sometimes go slow. Out of all the government business i have done in Thailand this has been the slowest.  Drivers license 1 day. Forming a corporation 1 week. House Tambien Baan 2 weeks. ETC ETC!!!

Not all countries are the same but when a Thai national comes to the USA they can operate immediately....

So what is the time line?   First the operating license > 3 1/2 months?    Second the import license?  Third the station license? a member told me the station license took him a year to acquire. 

Regards

Marc   k4hyz     

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
Re: To the committee of the Radio Amateur Society of Thailand
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 04:23:22 PM »

Dear Marc,

I' am HS0ZFZ - Swen - extented RAST commitee member!

I was at the authority today for other paper work and they told me your licences is approved and will be issued soon - within the next coming 2 week! About other paperwork in your case I do NOT know about!

Well if you carefully study the RASTforum.com - you would know that the authority will be re-organized from NTC into NBTC - National Broadcast and Telecommunication Commission, this is still in progress and takes some more month  :(   - hopefully then the leadtime will be as before - around 2 weeks for the call.

RIG register and Station licence took around 1 hour. 

Keep our fingers crossed that this status will be back soon.

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

P.S.

hmmm 3.5 Month - we had OM's they had to wait 20 years for licensing stuff to be done - well until the reciprocal agreement was signed.  HI! LoL!
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt