Author Topic: Buy expensive and cry only once: suggestions of a few fine keys & paddles  (Read 3101 times)

Offline hs0zfe

• eham
www.i2rtf.com Piero BegaliI2RTF is famous. His straight keys or the Simplex entry level paddle should last for decades.

www.k8ra.com Jerry K8RA K8RA offers an amazing value for the money with his portable QRP key and the P-2. Those with "a heavy hand" or a lot of strength and passion might want to consider his P-4 & P-6 keys weighing 5 and 7 pounds respectively.

www.morsex.com Here you find a great selection of everything for the CW enthusiast! Bencher BY-1 starting at only $ 110. Many Morse code Masters like the station manager of HS0AC, OM FinnOZ1HET use this paddle!

www.I1QOD.it Alberto Frattini I1QOD is a world class CW operator and the quality and finish of his handcrafted keys are leaving all the rest! (I am ordering a iambic paddle, hope to get confirmation of the order soon).

www.eham.net for reviews of keys and other ham radio equipment. Great website!

REVIEWS of keys and paddles like Alberto Frattini's is here. Click on the blus icon "keys and paddles" to get the whole list of them! http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4034

www.FISTS.org is world famous and  t h e  leading Morse code preservation club. OM NathanhS0ZHG is a member. And there are e-mail lists on yahoo Groups and QSL.net

Reason for this post is my belief than a beautiful and expensive key helps mastering CW. Me, I sure do need all the help I can get! (Last week's 3 QSOs with Chinese and a Russian station shorted some neuron conenctions in my brain and I couldn't copy anything for long periods of time). Then on Friday, Khun Finn OZ1HETkindly showed me how he operates. He copied a fast sending station in his head while entering something in his log. I lift my hat to you, OM Finn! (Men not being good at multi tasking? Scientists should check out the leading CW OPs  ;)  ;D)

Accuracy transcends speed and curtesy at all times! FISTS' Leit Motif.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:39:00 AM by hs0zfe »
Mobile: 082 5766 516
E-mail: kf6vci@gmail.com

Offline hs0zfe

• eham
Re: Buy expensive and cry only once: suggestions of a few fine keys & paddles
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 10:40:29 AM »
Oops, I only wanted the callsigns and a few words in bold

Kaw toord! 73, Chris
Mobile: 082 5766 516
E-mail: kf6vci@gmail.com