Author Topic: RAST Membership Application Question  (Read 2522 times)

Offline HS0ZIP

• HS0ZIP aka KC7X
RAST Membership Application Question
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:14:51 PM »
I was looking for the application form for RAST membership on the RAST website (http://www.qsl.net/rast/) and found two links. One is titled "Application form to join RAST" (http://www.qsl.net/rast/Member_App_RAST2008b.pdf) and one is titled "Application for new RAST membership card" (http://www.qsl.net/rast/pictures/VIPapplication.pdf). I examined both, but they seem to be pointing to two different copies of the same (or very similar) document, and this document seems to be some sort of application for an ATM card from Krung Thai Bank??? To top it off, it asks for infomation like blood type! I am confused. I want to join RAST, not get an ATM card, or donate blood. Can someone please clarify if this really is the correct form for RAST membership?

Offline HS0ZED

Re: RAST Membership Application Question
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 07:36:05 AM »
Hi,

I agree with your comment, a truly abominable form, not helped by it trying to be bi-lingual, and failing. As far as I know you can just leave blank that information which you feel is unnecessary or inappropriate. As long as you pay the money you should get your membership. The bank ATM card thing seems strange but again I think you can ignore all questions that look related to it.

Martin, HS0ZED

Offline HS0ZIP

• HS0ZIP aka KC7X
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 08:09:39 AM »
Thanks, Martin. I will do as you suggest and use the supplied form, filling out only the information appropriate to RAST membership.

73's,

Rick - KC7X

Offline HS0ZIP

• HS0ZIP aka KC7X
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 06:57:49 PM »
A couple of follow-up questions on the RAST membership application form:

1. What is the difference between "Life Membership (2100 Baht)" and "Gold Life Membership (5000 Baht)"? And please don't tell me it's 2900 Baht :-)

2. Which of the attachments are required, if any -- for just membership -- not for the ATM card? (The ones listed include Citizen ID/Passport; House Certificate; House Map; Amateur Radio License; Color photographs.) I tend to believe these are listed for ATM card applicants only, but I thought that I had better ask before I send it in.

Thanks & 73's,

Rick - KC7X

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 09:28:30 AM »
Dear Rick,

well the membership cards are print from one member who is working at that bank "Krung Thai Bank" if you wish to have  an ATM - Automatic Teller Machine Card for HS then you could apply for it! - But I'am not really sure if Foreigner's can apply for that ATM card that varies sooo much betwen the banks itself. If not just forget about the ATM stuff ...

Life - Gold Life Membership - In fact the differences are 2900 Baht and the membership card color which turn to gold that's it! That's what I know so far about the 2 types of membership.

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 09:33:46 AM by HS0ZFZ »
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

Offline HS0ZIP

• HS0ZIP aka KC7X
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 02:10:52 PM »
Dear Rick,

well the membership cards are print from one member who is working at that bank "Krung Thai Bank" if you wish to have  an ATM - Automatic Teller Machine Card for HS then you could apply for it! - But I'am not really sure if Foreigner's can apply for that ATM card that varies sooo much betwen the banks itself. If not just forget about the ATM stuff ...

Life - Gold Life Membership - In fact the differences are 2900 Baht and the membership card color which turn to gold that's it! That's what I know so far about the 2 types of membership.

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

Thanks for the info, Swen.

73's,

Rick - KC7X

Offline e20fwf

• Global Moderator
    • E20FWF Official web site
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 10:45:16 PM »
Dear all,

I'm not sure which application form is update and valid but don't worry for ATM card. Many organization in thailand use bank ATM as their ID. As well as RAST. New version of RAST live member card (Both standard and Gold) have been changed to ATM card.

Don't worry, it is a member card and it has no require to apply for ATM (but it capable if you want to).

Different of Silver color (2,100 THB) and Gold color (5,000), I'll ask Mr. Chaiyong (Mr.President) and update again.
I love Thammasat because Thammasat teaches me to love people.

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 08:32:12 PM »
I'm glad I've logged-in today and noticed this thread.
I had looked at the RAST membership application form and had all the concerns expressed above. I'm happy to read the insights expressed by longer standing members of this group.
I now feel more comfortable about applying for RAST membership.

Thank you all for your information.

-Chris Stanford (VA6CS)