Author Topic: NEW ALINCO TRANSCEIVER  (Read 2548 times)

Offline paul

NEW ALINCO TRANSCEIVER
« on: December 01, 2009, 10:47:24 PM »
I was looking on the www.rigpix.com web site and noticed their
is a new rig model DX-Sr8E this should be ok for thailand approval
as it only covers 160-10m wonder if the NTC have the info? :)
               de Paul    HS0ZIN
PAUL hs0zin

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
Re: NEW ALINCO TRANSCEIVER
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:35:09 AM »

That sounds good a new rig without 6m (50MHz) but I guess NTC even did not notice yet .... maybe never ...

Well there is still the type approval ... have a look here even if this rig doesn't has 6m it also still has to be approved ...

Original Thread

""Quote"
For any radio whose model number appears on the list you should not need to physically have it inspected and tested by NTC. By extension you would pay the paper processing and sticker fee only.

For a 'NEW' radio whose model number is NOT on the list you would be liable for the first time testing and registration which requires two radios and 25,000 Baht.

No contradiction but two different conditions apply depending on the model of the radio.

The two radios and 25,000 baht thing is an NTC standard that applies to all radio products, I have some involvement in doing NTC approvals in a professional capacity, and whilst ham equipment was previously treated differently it is now lumped in with all other radio products.

There are a couple of glimmers in all this gloom however. On the commercial side I have been told that provided a product has been tested to certain other recognised standards which Thailand recognises and is trying to align itself with then it is likely that subject to submission of the relevant approval certificate that this will be accepted without the need to test and pay the fee here. US FCC approval does not qualify but IEC 60489-2, EN  300 676 or AZ/NZS 4583 testing and certification would be acceptable.

Unfortunately I don't think even if a radio had such certification that it would change the import licence requirements of not covering other than the permitted spectrum.

Martin, HS0ZED

"Quote"

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

Offline paul

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 12:33:39 PM »
  thanks for the reply Swen perhaps somebody will be brave enough to import
one.Their are some dealers in Bangkok that sell the Alinco vhf equipment perhaps
they could get appoval to sell this model?       73,s Paul   HS0ZIN
PAUL hs0zin

Offline OZ1FJB / OU2V - Lars

• My website
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 11:50:15 AM »
Hey folks.
Know that the alinco your talking about, also can be bought in a swl/reciever version only.
Do anyone of you, know any shop in Bangkok that has this ? or other equavalent good shortwave recievers available ?

I have go get one when going to my family in Phu Toi this summer, since time gets too long without a radio...

rgds Lars oz1fjb

Offline hs0zfe

• eham
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 08:05:32 AM »
Here is a photo of it:

Mobile: 082 5766 516
E-mail: kf6vci@gmail.com