Author Topic: 2m activity  (Read 5097 times)

HS0ZIE

2m activity
« on: May 25, 2008, 02:54:21 PM »
Hello guys !

If you are in the neighborhood or Chiangmai and do have  a VHF 2m in your hand or car give me a call, I'm scanning all the repiters in the north.
But the best are Lampuhn 145.625 or Chiangmai 145,675   -600 hz  give me a call and maybe we can make an eyeball in the city or at my home in Maejoo.

73s KURT   ZIE    ;) :D ::)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 02:55:57 PM by HS0ZIE »

HS0ZIA

Re: 2m activity
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 11:08:40 AM »
Kurt what is your VHF station set up? Did you buy your 2m gear here in HS?

HS0ZIE

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 06:00:44 PM »
Kurt what is your VHF station set up? Did you buy your 2m gear here in HS?

Yes I did buy my IC-2200T here in Chiangmai but in order to buy you have to show your Call license and House permit License Then you can buy and then take it to NTC and A licens for the Radio. The NTC sticker is already on the radio but has to be registered in your name  535 Baht.

iF YOU WANT TO GO MOBILE YOU ALSO HAVE TO APPLY FOR A LICENSE FOR YOUR CAR.
BUT DON'T FORGET TO APPLY FOR HF LICENSE FOR THE CAR THIS HAS ALSO VHF RIGHTS  2300 BAHT

HS0ZIA

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:17:33 AM »
Hmmmmm sounds sufficiently complicated; reminds me of all the radio regs they used to have in the US 40 years ago. Well I remember when we couldn't even own a mobile phone here so I guess there's always hope...

What antenna are you using and how many repeaters can you hear from CM? Is there a simplex freq? My HF rig also goes on 2 so maybe I'll put up a GP or something and see if any sigs are making it over the hill into Pai...

HS0ZIE

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 08:08:25 AM »
Hmmmmm sounds sufficiently complicated; reminds me of all the radio regs they used to have in the US 40 years ago. Well I remember when we couldn't even own a mobile phone here so I guess there's always hope...

What antenna are you using and how many repeaters can you hear from CM? Is there a simplex freq? My HF rig also goes on 2 so maybe I'll put up a GP or something and see if any sigs are making it over the hill into Pai...

I'm using only a folded dipole on 2m at the moment on 6m pipe up in the air, I can hear Chiangmai , Maehongson, Lampang and Phayao from where I live Lampang is a bit difficult.
You can find people on simplex from 144.000 to 146.000.

I have not heard any station on SSB but there are some all mode stations out there.

I have used the NTC office here in CNX and they have helped me with all paper work and are very service minded staff There.

Offline hs0zfe

• eham
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 06:38:13 PM »
Mni tnx fer the information!

Would it be possible to get a normal ful power 2 m FM transceiver like the Kenwood TM-271A authorized? Or does Thailand insist on the 10 W limit from a techical point of view? (DL has a silly law limiting novice licenses to a few watts EIRP so no incentive to use efficient antennas).

I would respect the 10 Watts rule (needing a different mobile transceiver in this case). But like some choice

A 1802 costs maybe $ 130 so I hope these will be acceptable.

73 de Chris HS0ZFE
Mobile: 082 5766 516
E-mail: kf6vci@gmail.com

HS0ZIE

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 07:16:15 PM »
The 2m rigs are so cheap here so its not any need to bring with you from outside.

All rigs that are on sale have full power like mine IC-2200  65 watt out put, its up to you to reduce to legal 10 watt

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
Dear All,

Just some General Information!

The regulations in HS are 10 W on VHF if your RIG have more output THEN it's illigeal and can not be registered even it have not to be in HS without any Import Licences!

The IC 2200 T (T = Thailand with 10W - HIHI!) have only 10W Output during registering afterwards ... it's already illegal! Ok!

Any registered HF RIG which have 2m inside that sounds strange to me that is not register .... Except the FT767 was approved with only the 144-146Hz module!!

Please remind in HS there are still laws existing if you are an unauthorized owner of 1m 50 Ohm cable they can put you in jail for up to 5 years. - That is the fact if you have no station license incl. unregistered RIG's!

Pay attention to that we are foreigner's who do not want to have any problem with the authorities - ones it happened you will have problems (maybe not only problems!!) with your visa and so on .... DON't forget that!  The Thai's can not be deported out of the country! - We are ....

Some HAM where waiting for over 20 Years to get the licence for HS untill HS opened for Reciprocal Agreements. Please respect all this and operate according too the regulations ... -

That is real HAM Spirit!!!

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 09:53:18 AM by HS0ZFZ »
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

HS0ZIE

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 07:25:17 AM »
It is not that you have to do anything inside the TRX like IC.2200 T it  is only programed that on power on start in lo mid power range that is 10 watt.
If you put in high then its 65 watts but thats not legal, anyway if 10 or 65 watt there are nearly anybody to talk to on 2 m if you aren't fluent in Thai language.
And like Swen said as foreigners in this country we have to be careful. ;)

Offline G0MIH

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 01:10:41 PM »
Hi all. I'm an expat from the UK. I was wondering if there are any English 2m nets in Thailand. I'm in Supan Buri. I have tried to contact the local group but all I got was a cold sholder. >:(
I only have a old Icom R3 RX so I can here Thai's but no Brits.

Regards.

Paul

Offline hs0zfe

• eham
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 04:48:08 PM »
Hi Paul

I have heard the same story before - I'm sorry!
I fancy a H-T for our upcoming holidays in Europe. They sell Chinese H-Ts on Ebay like a copy of the Yaesu VX-1R: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAOFENG-UV-3R-Mark-II-Camouflage-Dual-display-w-USB-PSU-USB-charger-cable-/130651684067?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6b727ce3 but a WOUXUN might be the better buy.
Q: Has anyone ordered a H-T from Hong Kong?

73s es gd DX

Chris HS0ZFE
Mobile: 082 5766 516
E-mail: kf6vci@gmail.com