Author Topic: Calling All Canadian Hams in Thailand!  (Read 5411 times)

Offline HS/VA6CS

Re: Calling All Canadian Hams in Thailand!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 05:02:34 PM »
Checking in with this thread and I see there have been no other Canadian Hams responding. So, I guess I'm alone here in HS-land.

I was back in VA- VE- land last month. I determined that Industry Canada (the agency responsible for licensing amateur radio operators in Canada) advises that they have reciprocal technical agreements with ALL APEC countries, but it would require a request from Thai authorities before a reciprocal amateur licensing agreement could be arrived at.

Canada recognizes USA licenses, (and vice-versa)
Canada recognizes British licenses (and vice-versa)

Thailand recognizes both US and British licenses, but not Canadian. I cannot see the logic in this.

I will continue to return to Canada to practice my hobby.

de VA6CS

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 08:35:52 PM »
Dear Chris,

well Danmark now started the process for ALSO only 1 Ham at the moment ... you should not give up to force them for the agreement - otherwise it will never happened - HI!

http://rastforum.com/index.php?topic=418.0

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 09:00:25 PM by HS0ZFZ »
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 06:42:59 PM »
Dear Chris,

well Danmark now started the process for ALSO only 1 Ham at the moment ... you should not give up to force them for the agreement - otherwise it will never happened - HI!

http://rastforum.com/index.php?topic=418.0

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen
Hi, Swen!
Nice to 'see' you again.
Actually, I'll never give up; just change my strategy a little bit.

de Chris Stanford, HS/VA6CS

(Why is the font so small?? ???)

Offline hs0zfe

• eham
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 03:32:13 PM »
Howdy Chris:

come on, bring HS on the air and tell your friends back home about it. Soon, you might have a tremendous pile up.

Were you at yesterday's RAST meeting? A guest, Peter DJ8XW plans to operate in neighboring countries like Cambodia. Something I would love to do as well. How was that? Deutschland ueber Alles? Here is a diplomatic joke.

An African Queen was being courted by British, French and a German diplomat. she was enormous and breaking wind now and then. The Brit responded, saying excuse me, Madam. Next time, the Frenchman whispered Excusez moi Madame. The German was getting restless and when she farted again, he jumps up, saluting and shouts this fart and the next 3 are claimed by the German government!

My poor father Ekkehard DB9Sa keeps getting bills for his call sign. I'm glad not to have a German call as I would rather spend money on something else  ::)  ;)

Keep flying the flag of Canada and let me close by saying that a VE station justifiably asked me to give an honest RST report instead of a "59". Ever since, I've been trying to do just that, ruffling some feathers, no doubt.

How does it feel to be Ambassador of such a large country over here?

73 de Chris HS0ZFE  KF6VCI
Mobile: 082 5766 516
E-mail: kf6vci@gmail.com

Offline hs0zfe

• eham
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 03:36:17 PM »
Hello again, Khun Chris:

please forgive me my ignorance - I had not read page 2 when i posted a hasty answer. Sorry to hear of your predicament. Are you a RAST member? There are some club stations scattered about...

Will you return to HS anytime soon?

GL es 73 de Chris HS0ZFE
Mobile: 082 5766 516
E-mail: kf6vci@gmail.com