Author Topic: Calling All Canadian Hams in Thailand!  (Read 5410 times)

Offline HS/VA6CS

Calling All Canadian Hams in Thailand!
« on: March 01, 2009, 06:04:56 PM »
I am interested in knowing if there are any (other) Licensed Canadian Amateur Radio operators living in Thailand. I'm guessing that, if there are, they might just want to visit this forum.

If you're out there, please let us know by email through va6cs1[at]gmail.com, or by posting to this forum (i.e., 'Reply'ing to this message).

Thank you in advance.

-Chris (VA6CS)

Offline HS/VA6CS

Re: Calling All Canadian Hams in Thailand!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 06:12:44 PM »
As it stands now, the HS0Z list is swamped with Swedes and Belgians, with a handful of Brits and the odd American. ;D ;D ;D

We need Canucks!!! >:(

HS0ZIE

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 03:13:34 PM »
As it stands now, the HS0Z list is swamped with Swedes and Belgians, with a handful of Brits and the odd American. ;D ;D ;D

We need Canucks!!! >:(

[/quote

I must Reject to the last statement. swedes we are only 3 maybe 4 in this Country.    US followed By Germans and UK Then list is more likely correct ;D

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 04:15:58 PM »
I wonder if there is an ON Ham who got already a call in HS according to HS/VA6CS - there aren't yet - Alexander what did you all the last 3 years to pull and push the Thai - - Belgian Reciprocal agreement - just apply for a call - HI!

I agree with Kurt's list!

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 05:15:35 PM »
Hey, Kurt and Swen!!
I was being facetious in my national break-down of foreign Hams in Thailand.
Seriously, given recent political history of Southeast Asia, I would certainly expect US Hams to be number1 with Brits a close second. I was reflecting more my personal experience at RAST Meetings. ;D ;D ;D

-Chris (VA6CS)

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 05:25:39 PM »

"swedes we are only 3 maybe 4 in this Country" -Kurt

Really??

That means that 50% (or more, depending on the numbers "3 maybe 4") of the Swedes in this country responded to my post!!

WOW!!

That's great national representation, given your declared 'rarity in the ranks' for Swedes.

I'm impressed!

-Chris (VA6CS)

Offline HS0ZIO

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 05:14:31 AM »
Who is the odd American? Is it me?

Paul
HS0ZIO

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 09:16:53 AM »

"swedes we are only 3 maybe 4 in this Country" -Kurt

Really??

That means that 50% (or more, depending on the numbers "3 maybe 4") of the Swedes in this country responded to my post!!

WOW!!

That's great national representation, given your declared 'rarity in the ranks' for Swedes.

I'm impressed!

-Chris (VA6CS)

Well Kurt,

i can beat a better rate ... from 16 Ham's which are licenced in HS and activ now "I can beat 95% of the post" - HAHAHA ! 1,2,..... nap!
Or can somebody beat more ...

GD DX!

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 09:25:07 AM »
Who is the odd American? Is it me?

Paul
HS0ZIO

Dear Paul,

well there are a lot of US HAM's licenced in HS but they are not all permantly here in HS. Well at least a huge among of them are also based here ....

A good opertunity woulde be to meet at least 3 or 4 US Ham's at the next Pattaya meeting this coming Friday 06.03.2009 ~18:00 onwards at Jimbo's Bar, Soi 46/3 (Soi Aka Batman) Sukhumvit Road South Pattaya.

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

M0XDW

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 10:53:14 AM »
My tuppence ha'penny:

judging by the attendances of the Pattaya meetings I would say Brits, then americans and then swedes/germans etc. but this isn't a true representation as people like Kurt live too far away to attend and so the figures are skewed.

Many thanks by the way to the dozen or so Hams that attended the Pattaya meeting last night, it was good to see you all and the 'get well soon' wishes were a big boost to morale, nobody commented on my devilish good looks though ;) It was also nice to see Chuck who we haven't seen for a few months and Steven who has just returned from a trip to the US.

D

PS: Paul, aren't all americans odd ??

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 10:15:24 PM »
...swamped with Swedes and Belgians...

I was reflecting more my personal experience at RAST Meetings. ;D ;D ;D

HI yes last Sunday you actually met the FULL Belgian HAM population in Thailand - consisting of Eddy ON4AFU and myself  ;)

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 03:31:08 PM »
AND, the full Canadian representation, according to the limited response to my opening request that started this thread (before becoming horribly distracted in a discussion of nationalities. :-X)

-Chris VA6CS

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »
So, some three months later, there is still no response from Canadian hams. Based on the silence, I must be the only one. Please, someone prove me wrong on this. I'm having difficulty getting my embassy to go to bat on negotiating a reciprocal licensing agreement with only one licensed Canadian ham in the Kingdom.

-Chris (VA6CS)

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 02:31:58 PM »
Dear Chris,

unfortuntely no response on your thread ... well Belgium officially approved now ... also only for 1 HAM others will follow sure!!... on the other hand Danmark also do not want to do it ... they point to CEPT regulations ... well they would do it if HS would start - but probably this will never happened. Sorry for Finn OZ1HET!

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 07:40:03 PM »
Thanks, Swen, for your comments.

As you can see, I have not been on this forum for a few months. I was back in Canada doing 15 and 20m DX work from Canad's north land.

I am of the conviction that the establishment of a bilateral, reciprocal agreement between Canada and Thailand, on recognizing each countries Ham credentials, is some way off and certainly not a priority for either country at this time. As I appear to be the only Canadian Ham at the present time in HS-land who would benefit from such an agreement, I can't see civil servants from either country getting terribly excited about facilitating such an agreement. So, I'll just have to remain silent on this side of the Pacific and continue with my Collins gear, 1KW transmissions out of Canada's Arctic.

Best of the winter solstice festive season wishes to all.

-Chris Stanford VA6CS

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:30:19 AM by HS0ZFZ »