Author Topic: UK national wants to apply for a license in Thailand. How to proceed?  (Read 3366 times)

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
-I hereby post G8ODZ's question on how to obtain a license -

Hi Guy's,
 I live in nameng and have only just become aware of the radio society of Thailand. I hold the licence G8ODZ and would like to apply for a reciprocal licence here. Is the a meeting in Chiang Mai? How do I go about applying for a reciprocal licence? Any information would be greatfully received.

G8ODZ

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
Re: UK national wants to apply for a license in Thailand. How to proceed?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:58:14 PM »

In short:
Obtaining a license is simple (if you know what to do): you need to head to the NTC office with the necessary paperwork (the form to apply for a license, passport and visa copies, pictures, a copy of your UK license...) and pay a fee. Then you will be issued a license (with callsign), valid for 5 years.

When you also want to operate from your home, you need to apply for a station license.
When you want to import a transceiver, you need to have an import license when you arrive at the airport.

Other members of the forum will be able to provide more information.

In Chiang Mai we have Kurt HS0ZIE who has experience in dealing with the local NTC office. He can tell you more.

rgds,

Alexander ON8JA

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 06:25:40 PM »
To be sure, Alexander's advice is sound. I would add the encouragement to visit the RAST website at http://www.qsl.net/rast/. This will equip you with a whole mess of helpful background information before and as you proceed.

-Chris (VA6CS)

HS0ZIE

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 09:24:50 PM »
-I hereby post G8ODZ's question on how to obtain a license -

Hi Guy's,
 I live in nameng and have only just become aware of the radio society of Thailand. I hold the licence G8ODZ and would like to apply for a reciprocal licence here. Is the a meeting in Chiang Mai? How do I go about applying for a reciprocal licence? Any information would be greatfully received.

G8ODZ

If you read this Give me a call  TFN. 08 332 232 57  I probably dont live so far away from you , Im in Maejoo 20 km outside CNX

73s Kurt      HS0ZIE

Offline G0MIH

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 11:50:07 PM »
Dear Alexander. I will be coming over to work and live in Thailand mid Jan 2011. I have some information on getting a licence for Thailand but can I just bring my FT-209R into the country when i get there or do I have to send it by post. i also have an TS830 that I would love to get over there to.

Regards.

Paul G0MIH.
 :)

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 09:06:44 AM »
Some Om's think it's wild west here - well that ends up with 5 years in jail!! Follow my previously given recommendation and do your homework!

http://rastforum.com/index.php?topic=53.0

I strongly recommend you NO License - NO RIG! DO NOT just bring any RIG! you will be never able to use it - get registrations and licenses for it! Believe it or not without any license, owning 1m 50 Ohm Coax would bring into Bangkok Hilton - HI!  - of course without the 5 stars! - Bangkok Hilton = Jail  
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 09:18:12 AM by HS0ZFZ »
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt