Author Topic: Updates: Reciprocity Agreement Thailand-Belgium  (Read 7745 times)

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
Updates: Reciprocity Agreement Thailand-Belgium
« on: May 14, 2008, 08:46:58 AM »
I have sent out emails to the belgian authorities requesting information on the progress of the reciprocity agreement on amateur radio licenses between Belgium and Thailand.

This agreement has been pending since a couple of years.
About a year ago, it was said we would have to wait for the democratic government to be in place before the agreement could be finalized.
As the new government is in place, and the cabinet has been formed, it might be a good time to probe for information.

I will post updates on this issue in this thread.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:09:45 AM by HS0ZFZ »

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
Re: Reciprocity Agreement Thailand-Belgium
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 08:01:31 PM »
-Update-
In July I have met the ambassador of Belgium in Thailand, and discussed the situation regarding reciprocal licenses for Belgian Nationals. The ambassador showed sincere interest and willingness to help. He has requested members of the embassy to follow up the process.  I provided them with more information on the previous steps that were undertaken, and passed on contact details of NTC staff involved in the reciprocal licenses. The Belgian authority on Telecommunications (BIPT) was contacted as well and is 'in the loop'.

This means there is hope right now.

If there are any Belgians out there, please send me a message (PM) or post a reply.
The embassy asked me how many Belgian radio amateurs currently stay in Thailand, I must say I have no idea and not even know one -except myself.

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
Re: Reciprocity Agreement Thailand-Belgium
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:39:09 PM »
After a lot of emails/phone calls with the Belgian embassy, NTC, Ministry of foreign affairs Thailand, the Belgian regulator BIPT and the European Radio Organisation (ERO) I can summerize the situation:

- The board of NTC has officially approved the reciprocal agreement Thailand-Belgium in November 2007
- The NTC has submitted the documents to the office of the prime minister in order to be forwarded to the cabinet for approval (end of November 2007)

Through the Belgian Embassy I received the contact details of the person in charge of cases involving Belgium at Thai ministry of foreign affairs.  I contacted this person for an update and to ask what progress, if any, has been made between Nov 2007 and now and asked about the current status.

"The reviewing of this particular agreement is taking its due course" was the answer I received via email.
"The draft agreement is being examined to consider whether it falls under article 190 of the constitution", and they wrote they expect an answer to this question in the coming weeks.

Bottom line is that there is some action, I will keep following up the case and calling all agencies involved.

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
Re: Updates: Reciprocity Agreement Thailand-Belgium
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 09:32:17 AM »
The reciprocal agreement has passed the cabinet Tuesday February the 17th, 2009.  Now it will take a while before the agreement takes effect, how long exactly is not clear yet. As soon as more news and official confirmation is available it will be confirmed in this thread.

Offline KY1A

• :::::: A-1 OP ::::: http://www.e21eic.net
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 09:31:39 AM »
From a meeting of a ministry of state on February 17, 2009.  Thai Government was agree in reciprocal agreement between Thai HAM and Belgium HAM. 

At the moment we all have to wait for Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand and Belgium to sign the agreement.  After 60 days of signed agreement everyting will be complete.

Congrat to ON HAMs

For your information, now Thailand got Reciprocal License agreement with this following country.  USA, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Sweden, UK and Luxembourg.

=======================================================

Thai version

ข่าวนี้ เมื่อ 18 ก.พ. 52 ครับ
ข้อมูลจาก ที่ประชุมคณะรัฐมนตรี วันที่ 17 กุมภาพันธ์ 2552

นานๆ ทีจะเห็นเรื่อง HAM เราเข้าที่ประชุมคณะรัฐมนตรี  เอามาให้ทราบกันครับ   
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

คณะรัฐมนตรีเห็นชอบการจัดทำความตกลงต่างตอบแทนว่าด้วยพนักงานวิทยุสมัครเล่นไทย-เบลเยียม ในรูปหนังสือแลกเปลี่ยนทางการทูต  ก่อนมอบให้กระทรวงการต่างประเทศดำเนินการแลกเปลี่ยนหนังสือทางการทูตกับเบลเยียมต่อไป  ตามที่คณะกรรมการกิจการโทรคมนาคมแห่งชาติเสนอ สาระสำคัญของเรื่อง

สำนักเลขาธิการนายกรัฐมนตรี (สลน.) แจ้งตามที่คณะกรรมการกิจการโทรคมนาคมแห่งชาติ (กทช.) เสนอว่า

1. รัฐบาลไทยได้เคยทำความตกลงต่างตอบแทนในรูปหนังสือแลกเปลี่ยนทางการทูตว่าด้วยพนักงานวิทยุสมัครเล่นกับรัฐบาลประเทศต่าง ๆ ไปแล้ว 7 ประเทศ ได้แก่ สหรัฐอเมริกา  สวิตเซอร์แลนด์  ออสเตรีย  สวีเดน  สหราชอาณาจักร เยอรมนี และลักเซมเบิร์ก

2. กทช. ได้พิจารณาความตกลงต่างตอบแทนว่าด้วยพนักงานวิทยุสมัครเล่นไทย-เบลเยียมต่อเนื่องจากกรมไปรษณีย์โทรเลข เพื่อให้เป็นไปตามพระราชบัญญัติวิทยุคมนาคม พ.ศ. 2498 และระเบียบคณะกรรมการกิจการโทรคมนาคมแห่งชาติว่าด้วยกิจการวิทยุสมัครเล่น  พ.ศ. 2550

3. รัฐบาลประเทศเบลเยียมได้มีหนังสือแจ้งความประสงค์ผ่านทางการทูตขอทำความตกลงว่าด้วยพนักงานวิทยุสมัครเล่นกับประเทศไทยในรูปหนังสือแลกเปลี่ยนทางการทูตเพื่อให้พนักงานวิทยุสมัครเล่นของประเทศเบลเยียมและไทยสามารถจัดตั้งสถานีวิทยุสมัครเล่นขึ้นในประเทศของอีกฝ่ายได้

4. ร่างความตกลงว่าด้วยพนักงานวิทยุสมัครเล่นตามหนังสือแลกเปลี่ยนทางการทูตที่ฝ่ายเบลเยียมเสนอมีดังนี้
             4.1 ผู้มีสัญชาติไทยหรือสัญชาติเบลเยียมที่ได้รับอนุญาตให้ตั้งและดำเนินการสถานีวิทยุสมัครเล่นโดยใบอนุญาตที่ยังมีผลใช้บังคับซึ่งออกโดยพนักงานผู้มีอำนาจตามกฎหมายของประเทศตน อาจได้รับอนุญาตให้ได้รับใบอนุญาตที่เท่าเทียมกันจากเจ้าพนักงานผู้มีอำนาจตามกฎหมายของอีกประเทศหนึ่งบนพื้นฐานของการถ้อยทีถ้อยปฏิบัติตามความตกลงฉบับนี้
             4.2 การอนุญาตเช่นว่านั้นโดยผู้มีอำนาจอนุญาตต้องเป็นไปตามวิธีดำเนินการที่ระบุไว้ในกฎหมายภายในและข้อบังคับต่าง ๆ ของประเทศนั้น ทั้งนี้ มีสิทธิที่จะเปลี่ยนแปลง พักใช้ หรือยกเลิกการอนุญาตในเวลาใดๆ (โดยไม่มีข้อผูกพันที่จะต้องให้เหตุผลต่อการวินิจฉัยที่ได้กระทำไป)
             4.3 ภาคีแต่ละฝ่ายต้องแจ้งให้ภาคีที่ให้การอนุญาตเดิมทราบถึงการละเมิดใด ๆ  ที่กระทำโดยพนักงานวิทยุสมัครเล่นผู้มาเยือน
             4.4 ตามความตกลงฉบับนี้ต้องเป็นไปตามข้อบังคับวิทยุของสหภาพโทรคมนาคมระหว่างประเทศ (ITU) และกฎหมายที่ใช้อยู่ทั่วไปและข้อบังคับเกี่ยวกับเรื่องนี้ที่ใช้บังคับอยู่ในประเทศภาคีทั้งสองฝ่าย
             4.5 ในกรณีที่ความตกลงพหุภาคีเกี่ยวกับเรื่องนี้จะมีผลใช้บังคับกับภาคีทั้งสองฝ่ายให้บทบัญญัติของความตกลงนั้นมีอำนาจเหนือบทบัญญัติของความตกลงฉบับนี้
             4.6 ความตกลงฉบับนี้จะยังคงมีผลใช้บังคับต่อไปอีก 60 วัน ภายหลังจากวันที่ภาคีฝ่ายใดฝ่ายหนึ่งแจ้งความต้องการของตนที่จะให้ความตกลงสิ้นสุดเป็นลายลักษณ์อักษรไปยังอีกฝ่ายหนึ่ง

5. กระทรวงการต่างประเทศมีความเห็นแจ้งต่อ กทช.ว่า ข้อความในวงเล็บท้ายประโยค ในข้อ 4.2 ที่ระบุ "โดยไม่มีข้อผูกพันที่จะต้องให้เหตุผลต่อการวินิจฉัยที่ได้กระทำไป" (without an obligation to give reasons for the decision taken)  ในปัจจุบันข้อความนี้ขัดต่อพระราชบัญญัติวิธีปฏิบัติราชการทางปกครอง พ.ศ. 2539  จึงเสนอให้ ตัดข้อความดังกล่าวออกเพื่อหลีกเลี่ยงการสร้างมาตรฐานการปฏิบัติที่แตกต่างจากความตกลงต่างตอบแทนพนักงานวิทยุสมัครเล่นที่ไทยมีกับประเทศอื่นให้น้อยที่สุด และรัฐบาลเบลเยียมได้เห็นชอบต่อข้อเสนอของฝ่ายไทยแล้ว ดังนั้น จึงไม่มีข้อขัดข้องและเห็นสมควรดำเนินการขอรับความเห็นชอบจากคระรัฐมนตรีในการจัดทำความตกลงต่างตอบแทนว่าด้วยพนักงานวิทยุสมัครเล่นไทย-เบลเยียม ในรูปแบบหนังสือแลกเปลี่ยนทางการทูตต่อไป

6. กิจการวิทยุคมนาคมที่ดำเนินการโดยพนักงานวิทยุสมัครเล่นที่ได้รับอนุญาตมีประโยชน์ต่อการฝึกฝนตนเอง การติดต่อระหว่างกัน  การทดลองตรวจสอบทางวิชาการเกี่ยวกับกิจการวิทยุคมนาคม ระบบการสื่อสาร การแจ้งเหตุอันตราย การรักษาความปลอดภัย และการป้องกันภัยพิบัติที่จะเกิดกับชีวิตและทรัพย์สินของประชาชนและยังเป็นการสนับสนุนความสัมพันธ์ฉันมิตรระหว่างประเทศด้วย
73, Champ, E21EIC/KY1A
===================
RAST QSL Bureau
G.P.O. Box 2008 
Bangkok  10501
THAILAND

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 10:36:47 AM »
Gratulations to the ON Ham's!

But I wonder that the Thai Government signs any agreement without the pervious approval of the ministery?!?!?!?

I guess (hope) the agreement was signed before it was passed to the cabinet!

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:55:55 AM by HS0ZFZ »
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 11:10:27 AM »
Yes Swen indeed, the MFA approved it already before (otherwise they don't send it to the cabinet). The NTC (2007) , the department of legal affairs and treaties (2008) , the ministry of foreign affairs (2008) approved it , after which it was sent to the cabinet for signing (2009).

Now that it is signed they need to officially inform the other departments (such as the NTC) + there is a 60 day appeal period (which started from the date of the cabinet signing).

The contacts at MFA could not yet confirm the date the treaty will take effect. If there is new information I will post it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:12:29 AM by ON8JA »

M0XDW

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 12:33:54 AM »
hearty congratulations to Alexander who has spent the last Three years working very hard on trying to move this along, well done mate, I bet you will be celebrating when you *finally* get your HS0 call !!!

Dave

Offline HS0ZIQ

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »
Hello Alex,

You have put a lot of work into this, look forward to hearing you on the air with your new HS Call.

John HS0ZIQ

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 03:23:51 PM »
Thanks for the heartwarming replies guys  ;)
I will let you know as soon as I obtain a real and totally valid legitimate Thai callsign :D

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 07:45:05 PM »
Three months after the approval and signature of the agreement by the Thai Cabinet,  neither me or any other Belgian National is able to apply for a callsign. It looks like we won't be for any time soon. Chances of the agreement being enforced in 2009 seem slim.

All signs point towards a sustained continuation of the lengthy bureaucratic process.

- the agreement was approved by the cabinet February 17th 2009
- the NTC and Foreign affairs were informed via an official note on March11th

but...

At the NTC, nobody is aware of this particular document, they did not receive it (according to our source).
Second, at the MFA they are preparing the "exchange note" which would be needed to enforce the agreement. The 60 days period mentioned earlier was not the time for the agreement to take effect, it was the time in wich changes or amendments could be proposed. And it seems this did happen. According to MFA, some 'amendments' had to be made to the original agreement "to be in line with domestic law". For this they have sent it back (again) to the ministry of treaties and legal affairs where it currently resides. And whenever the MFA receives it back from that ministry, they will need the responsible minister to sign it personally.

So it sounds like this will not be completed by tomorrow (if ever).

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 08:09:26 PM »
The Belgium-Thai reciprocal Agreement is now 100% official ...

Alexander's Licences was issued on the 19th August 2009 and he got the call HS0ZJA

GD DX!

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

HS0ZIE

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 08:14:44 PM »
The Belgium-Thai reciprocal Agreement is now 100% official ...

Alexander's License was issued on the 19th August 2009 and he got the call HS0ZJA

GD DX!

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

At Last Alex

Happy for you and god DX to you

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 01:14:57 AM »
Thanks everybody for the support over the years in going through the process of getting the license.

I am very happy indeed with my license.
Ironically, I have not been able to use it so far.  After a stay (and fishing for a HAM radio callsign) of 3,5 years in the Kingdom of Thailand I returned to Belgium in July 2009, my license was awarded in August 2009.   I now have a Thai callsign but am not living in Thailand anymore.

Anyway, I am sure I will get good use of it at least at some point(s) in the future.

Other people of Belgian nationality with a Belgian HAREC class license will be able to get a Thai callsign in 3 weeks instead of 3 years now the reciprocal agreement has been enforced - great.   

For the other nationalities that fall outside of the reciprocal agreement, I hope the Thai licensing will become more open and flexible, and hopefully take part in CEPT agreements.

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 01:33:00 PM »

Well just FYI the HS-DL Agreement took over 6 years ... - HI! However ... some HAM waited over 20 years to get a licence!

The CEPT "train" left the train station and HS was still making the decision to buy a ticket for that train - HIHI! No there is no progress anymore - file closed! ...

Well anyway I think this will not gonna happened ... to many openings - HAHA!

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2