Author Topic: Unfreiendly Reapeter in Lamphun  (Read 4494 times)

HS0ZIE

Unfreiendly Reapeter in Lamphun
« on: November 10, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »

กระทู้: 29

Level and Hp mod ระดับ 4 : Exp 36%
HP: 99.8%

ดูรายละเอียด อีเมล์ ข้อความส่วนตัว (ออนไลน์)

A very good thanks and I will here award The Lamphun Repeater group in The North
as the  Price for the unfriendly est Repeater in the North.
The will not let Farrangs use their repeater and they switch it of if we try to use it. โกรธ

They have not understand what Hamradio means " making Friends "

I hope they will learn that soon.

HS0ZIE

M0XDW

Re: Unfreiendly Reapeter in Lamphun
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 06:29:22 PM »
That is a great shame, I agree wholeheartedly that they seem to have missed the point of the "ham spirit" but could they think that you are 'pirates' ?? did you explain to the repeater keeper that you are a licenced amateur the same as him/her ??? may just be a simple case of misunderstanding.

73 Dave

HS0ZIE

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:42:45 PM »
That is a great shame, I agree wholeheartedly that they seem to have missed the point of the "ham spirit" but could they think that you are 'pirates' ?? did you explain to the repeater keeper that you are a licenced amateur the same as him/her ??? may just be a simple case of misunderstanding.

73 Dave

They do know us well and we only use the repeater when ZFA is mobile because he lives on the other side of Lam pang and when he is going to Chiangmai he comes over that REP.
But when they hear us speak English or German they shut down the rep. I'm sorry to say.
They know who  I am and I have god connect to  other Hams Thai Nationals up here so thats not the problem
fortunately we can use HS5AC repeater  but it does not have the coverage
This is an issue that should be discussed and I relay hope they change their minds about this.

M0XDW

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 08:37:28 AM »

73 Dave

They do know us well and we only use the repeater when ZFA is mobile because he lives on the other side of Lam pang and when he is going to Chiangmai he comes over that REP.
But when they hear us speak English or German they shut down the rep. I'm sorry to say.
They know who  I am and I have god connect to  other Hams Thai Nationals up here so thats not the problem
fortunately we can use HS5AC repeater  but it does not have the coverage
This is an issue that should be discussed and I relay hope they change their minds about this.

Have you tried emailing the repeater keeper ?? This really is a shame, that someone could be so selfish and inconsiderate, I too hope that they change their minds.

Dave

M0XDW

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 06:57:17 PM »
ทำดี ได้ดี   ทำชั่ว  ได้ชั่ว

Dave

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 10:22:20 PM »
Dear All,

well I have similar experiences in BKK ... if you are looking for a simplex QRG which free then you start a QSO but then the (CB-Guys - VHF HAM's - Sorry to say that but it's true!! It's not more then CB!!) just break in and tell you that you have to leave the QRG because it's "assigned" to there local group - HI!

73 de 9M8/HS0ZFZ

Swen

P.S.  Maybe they should make a real exam and teach them what Amateur Radio really are .... not only just try to get as many person on air as possible ... where is the "threshold" to be HAM?
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

M0XDW

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 08:24:55 AM »
Dear All,

well I have similar experiences in BKK ... if you are looking for a simplex QRG which free then you start a QSO but then the (CB-Guys - VHF HAM's - Sorry to say that but it's true!! It's not more then CB!!) just break in and tell you that you have to leave the QRG because it's "assigned" to there local group - HI!

73 de 9M8/HS0ZFZ

Swen

P.S.  Maybe they should make a real exam and teach them what Amateur Radio really are .... not only just try to get as many person on air as possible ... where is the "threshold" to be HAM?

I agree, this business of having "assigned" frequencies is crazy, I'm not sure that they really are 'assigned' though, just someone has said "14x.xxx is our frequency" - it is not even CB'ish as CB radio has a dedicated calling frequency and once the contact is established then the participants QSY to a different channel.

Fortunately here in Pattaya there seems to be ample frequencies witn not too much 2m activity.

Is there a spectrum management group that we could contact maybe ??

Dave

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 09:19:21 AM »
Dear Dave,

well what do you expect a group how assign QRG's -- Hihi! That would be great to have somebody working on HAM radio stuff to force or assign new stuff for us ...

I just got angry when I hear at the last meeting that the electricity authority already completed the PLC tests - successfully !! Wonderful I have S9++ Noise and if it will be established nationwide we just could forget to think about operation HAM radio .... RAST just send one letter to NTC to protest (avoid) PLC applications - that's it! "We have to accept that ... all the failed or unused device from all over the world will be available in HS soon .... - Happy QSO!!!!

73's 9M8/HS0ZFZ

Swen

P.S. By the way ARRL pulled the regulator into court and won that fight against PLC ....
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

M0XDW

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 10:02:33 AM »
Dear Dave,

well what do you expect a group how assign QRG's -- Hihi! That would be great to have somebody working on HAM radio stuff to force or assign new stuff for us ...

I just got angry when I hear at the last meeting that the electricity authority already completed the PLC tests - successfully !! Wonderful I have S9++ Noise and if it will be established nationwide we just could forget to think about operation HAM radio .... RAST just send one letter to NTC to protest (avoid) PLC applications - that's it! "We have to accept that ... all the failed or unused device from all over the world will be available in HS soon .... - Happy QSO!!!!

but surely there is a department within the (NTC maybe??) that assigns the repeater frequencies, or do you just say that I'm going to put a repeater on frequency 145.xxx and that's it ?? if these groups don't have the relevant permission/licences from the NTC to say that a certain frequency is reserved for use by xxx then the frequency belongs to the people (not just some of them, but all of them).

Dave