Author Topic: Pattaya Meeting - November  (Read 4426 times)

M0XDW

Pattaya Meeting - November
« on: October 10, 2008, 11:34:15 PM »
 :)
Many thanks to all that attended the October meeting, Steve, Chuck, Swen etc. I know that I learned a great deal from all of you and I hope that each of you took someting away with you that you never knew before ;)

The next Pattaya meeting will be held at the same great venue (I hope that the refreshments were okay, if not please blame Gary) sometime in November. Now in the UK we have a celebration on November 5th, Guy Fawkes night, which invloves lots of incendiary devices and burnt root vegetables (A ham's wish turned true), if anyone has any recommendations for the November meeting please feel free to speak, otherwise it will be down to me again and it won't be pretty !!!!! I'm thinking of this

73's
Dave
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 11:38:25 PM by M0XDW - HS0ZIR »

M0XDW

Re: Pattaya Meeting - November
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 03:37:55 PM »
By the way I will propose Friday November 7th as the date for the next Pattaya meeting, if anyone would like to propose a different date then please feel free to post it here. I will be contacting the media early next week to publicise the meeting and need a firm date in order to do so.

73's
Dave

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:56:32 AM »
Thank you very much for refreshments donate by Gary - He did a great job!

Well if the meeting takes place the 4th Novmber onwards  .... I have to skip it this month ... but I will be back anyway for the December meeting ....

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

M0XDW

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 07:45:01 AM »
:bump:

Saturday 18th sees the press release going out to the local media, unless there are any objections (Swen's has been noted) to the date of 7th November I'll use this as the meeting date.

73's
Dave

M0XDW

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 07:09:49 AM »
Press Release issued, look for details in all of the local media.

73's
Dave

M0XDW

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 08:12:36 PM »
I have a small quantity of Great Circle Maps (courtesy of Khun John) to give away at the November meeting, due to the quantity it's strictly on a first come first served basis. These are nicely finished in a gloss coating and measure 21"x21" - a very nice touch to the wall of any station.

See you there!
73's for now,
Dave

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 12:36:47 AM »
I look forward to join the meeting Nov 7th!

And the 'map give away' is a great incentive (to try) to get there early  ;)

Alexander

M0XDW

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 08:11:42 AM »
Thanks Alexander, we all look forward to seeing you.

Aany other OM that will be attending the meeting on the 7th November please bear in mind that Alexander will be looking for ideas and suggestions to make this forum even more valuable to us than it already is!! this thread has a list of possible suggestions so please be sure to post any ideas you have there.

I'm hoping that Paul (HS0ZIN) will be able to provide us with a report as to how his new mast and antenna has been performing since we erected it last week, I do know that he's made over 150 contacts since then !!

Remember, the usual venue at 18:00 on Friday 7th November All welcome, that includes XYL's of course.

73's for now,
Dave

M0XDW

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 10:52:23 AM »
Hi all,
   just a note to let you know that Paul (HS0ZIN) is going to provide us with a short talk on his recent Mast and Antenna day, along with photographs of the event. If you ever wanted to know how one of these is erected, where to get one or just how much the whole damn thing costs then you won't want to miss this!!

He's also going to tell us just how many QSO's and how many countries he's worked in the short time that he's been operating with his new station configuration.

73's all
Dave

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 11:19:06 AM by HS0ZIS »

M0XDW

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 08:55:07 AM »
Hi all,
     the owner of the venue for our club, Jimbo's; has kindly agreed to support us by allowing us to set up a club station at his QTH. Gary is not a licenced ham and so for someone outside of the hobby to support us in this way is very kind indeed. Paul (HS0ZIN) is handling the details, including requesting the club callsign etc. and the necessary paperwork, hopefully we will soon have a club station and call sign that visiting licenced hams will be able to operate without having to visit HS0AC in AIT (Bangkok).

This coming Saturday, the 8th November; also sees Alexander's (ON8JA) Antenna brewing session out at the Pattaya Airfield, all are invited to come along, even if you have all of the antennae that you need (which I refuse to believe) why not come along and meet some of the other calls that you see on this forum.

I ask you to please support Jimbo's bar (the venue of our monthly meetings) by visiting occasionally and buying a beer or two, I can also recommend his 'traditional english sausages', 'steak pies' and 'faggots' - they are probably the best in Pattaya!!! Gary has been very kind to us, providing bar snacks and allowing us to use his QTH to set up a club station completely free of charge etc.

Khun John and his family are attending the meeting and the antenna brewing session, be sure to bring along any questions etc. that you may have for him regarding the Thai licencing system or regulations etc. Please also remember that Alexander (ON8JA) is coming along looking for suggestions on how to improve this forum, if you have the perfect idea on how to encourage more members etc. then I'm sure Alexander will be very glad to receive them.

I have managed to negotiate a preferential (discounted) rate for hotel rooms here in Pattaya (Soi Nern Plub Wan) for any visiting forum member, 500 baht per night will get you a very nice aircon room with a full breakfast in the morning! I believe also that the 12,000 baht per month rate is available to us although I'm sure that this too will be negotiable.

If any forum member that wishes to book a room then send me a PM or email and I'll send you the contact details, alternatively I can book it on your behalf if you send me your details.

I look forward to seeing you all on Friday and then again on Saturday down at the airfield,
73's until then,
Dave
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 09:03:08 AM by HS0ZIS »

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 06:28:47 PM »
Dave, with this new station, it sounds like you guys are establishing a real, permanent, 'satellite' RAST presence in Pattaya. I think this is great. Well done Dave and Paul!

M0XDW

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »
Dave, with this new station, it sounds like you guys are establishing a real, permanent, 'satellite' RAST presence in Pattaya. I think this is great. Well done Dave and Paul!

Thanks Chris, the majority of [Ham] tourists come to Pattaya and don't even consider doing the 4 hour round trip to AIT to use HS0AC to operate whilst on holiday, if we can offer a better alternative that means they can operate HF for example from here in Pattaya then we might be able to get a few more interested in the club whilst they are here, also of course with the presentations to the Pattaya expats clubs that Paul has planned we may also encourage a few of those holidaymakers to look seriously at getting into amateur radio when they return to their home country as well as relkindling the interest in any that live here who are already licenced.

Since Paul has had his mast etc. he's worked more than 60 countries and had over 200 QSO's so the location here by the coast must be very good for DX, hopefully these favourable conditions will also help when it comes to demonstrating amateur radio to any interested parties.

With Alexander's antenna brewing session planned for Saturday we really are starting to look more like a club than a few old fossils sitting around talking about 'stuff'.

I hope you'll come to one of our Pattaya meetings one day, then you can get to meet some of the guys here that rarely (if ever) attend the BKK RAST meetings.

Dave

« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 08:18:41 AM by HS0ZIS »

Offline ON8JA

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 08:53:19 AM »
Hi Guys,
unfortunately I will be able to get to Pattaya with one week's delay only, so I will miss the meeting  :( :(
In the other thread I also suggested moving the antenna brewing session to next weekend as well.
Sorry for the late notice.
Anyway I look forward to meeting all of you, and hope to meet some HAMs next weekend!

Alexander

M0XDW

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 11:30:23 AM »
Just to confirm, tonights meeting is as previously planned, it is only Alexanders antenna workshop that has been postponed.

M0XDW

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 03:24:34 PM »
It's suddenly dawned on me that I haven't been posting the advertising material here for all of you non-Pattayans to see, only those that actually make it to the venue (or one of the other advertising sites here in Pattaya) get to see these advertising posters.

I apologise and here, for you all to see; is the A4 sized poster that was used for the November meeting, I'll try to remember to include the posters for each monthly meeting here on the forum.

Decembers meeting details can be found here.
73's
Dave
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 03:35:38 PM by HS0ZIS »