Author Topic: Field Day On Doi Inthanon  (Read 2470 times)

HS0ZIE

Field Day On Doi Inthanon
« on: October 02, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »
Hi

I'm trying to get a FIELD DAY going. I talked to my Thai ham friends today and we will try to organize a Field day in DOI INTHANON national park .
This is the most highest place in Thailand The mountain it is about 2600m high.
Doi Intahnon is about 70 km from Chiangmai and god roads for driving  but its very curved roads like it is in the alps.
This would be held in December or January the coldest months of the year and we like to do this during a weekend and overnight camping all activities that comes with a field Day  camp fires and barbeque's and so on and of course Radio  all bands active .
VHF, HF and even 27 MHz that is a very big community in Thailand

All are welcome and even if you are no Ham yet

so reply to this message here and we will Se how many  are interested we will also post this on 100 watts forum

So I hope that there will be interest for this I know there are not many Farang Ham operators here in north Thailand but if you have a chance and come and visit Chiangmai you are more then Welcome to Garden state of the North.

M0XDW

Re: Field Day On Doi Inthanon
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 07:26:35 AM »
Hi Kurt,
   I *may* be interested, it all depends on the dates for me as our son is at school, when you have more details I will be able to confirm yes or no.

73's
Dave

hs0zdp

Re: Field Day On Doi Inthanon - national security issue?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »
Note that there is a Thai military base and radar station on Doi Inthanon. There may be some national security restrictions concerning the field day type operation you propose.

HS0ZIE

Re: Field Day On Doi Inthanon - national security issue?
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 06:48:53 PM »
Note that there is a Thai military base and radar station on Doi Inthanon. There may be some national security restrictions concerning the field day type operation you propose.

Of course we will check all possibilities first so we do not do anything against the law , but first we want to Se how big the interest is for a such event here in northern Thailand
Up here we have Military compounds and Listening station all over but there is no problem with that

And probably we will have guest form NTC Chiangmai attending also.

But first value the interest