Author Topic: October RAST meeting set for Sunday Oct 5 at 11 a.m.  (Read 3427 times)

Offline hs0zdx

October RAST meeting set for Sunday Oct 5 at 11 a.m.
« on: September 28, 2008, 04:19:40 PM »
Dear Friend of RAST,
 The next meeting of the Radio Amateur Society of Thailand Under the Royal Patronage of His Majesty the King (RAST) will be on Sunday, October 5, 2008, beginning at 11 a.m. at Sena Place Hotel on Phaholyothin Soi 11. All members and visiting hams are invited to join in, where a buffet lunch will be available.
 Thida Denpruktham, HS1ASC, will make a presention about the 14th World ARDF Championships in Korea in early September while RAST President Chaiyong Wongwuticomjon, HS1QVD, will bring members up to date with RAST's activities, including about the society's involvement in helping to organise the International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) booth at the ITU Telecom Asia exhibition, a major event held September 2-5 that saw over 11,000 registered guests and visitors attending.
 In other news, the IARU Region 3 ARDF Committee has approved a request from RAST to host the 2009 Region 3 ARDF Championships and the event is tentatively planned for early November next year, to coincide with the annual Loy Krathong celebrations and RAST will outline its plans for this regional event.
 The RAST President and officers look forward to seeing you at the October meeting next Sunday and hope you can make it.
  Sincere 73,
  Tony Waltham, HS0ZDX
  on behalf of RAST President Chaiyong (HS1QVD)

If you have any questions about amateur radio activities in Thailand, then why not check out the RAST Forum: www.rastforum.com where you can also post questions or provide comments or advice to others.

RAST's web site in English www.qsl.net/rast and in Thai at www.rast.or.th

** Please note that if you did not receive this message by email or would like to be on the RAST mailing list, please send a note by email to tony.waltham@gmail.com and you will be included.

M0XDW

Re: October RAST meeting set for Sunday Oct 5 at 11 a.m.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 09:41:43 AM »
Further to this announcemennt the location of the Sena Place hotel can be found here for anyone that hasn't been there before (like me).

It's approximately 144 kilometres from Pattaya City by road (according to Google maps) and contact details for the venue can be found here.

73's
Dave

PS: Any of the other Pattaya members want to car share etc. please let me know and we'll arrange something.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 10:15:27 AM by M0XDW - HS0ZIR »

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 10:46:42 AM »
Dear Tony,

Thank you very much!

I think this post will reach also the no-registered HAM which do not get the RAST newsletter ....

Please everybody go ahead to fill this forum with life and posts like it supposted to be ....

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

Offline paul

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 04:55:37 PM »
TO   ALL I SHOULD BE FREE TO GO TO  THE MEETING ON SUNDAY
NATHAN HS0ZHG IS NOT, RICK  IDONT KNOW 
   73'S PAUL  HS0ZIN
PAUL hs0zin

M0XDW

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 07:43:36 AM »
I've just found out that we are expecting visitors today !!!! - why can't people tell you in advance that they are coming to visit you !!!!

This means that I'll be unable to make the RAST meeting today, however I look forward to seeing those of you that can make it on Friday at the Pattaya meeting.

73's
Dave

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 06:51:15 PM »
Geeeezzzzz.... That's too bad, Dave. Just when I finally came out to a RAST meeting to "impress" you. ;)

-Chris (VA6CS)

M0XDW

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 07:48:54 PM »
Chris, you impressed me already, travelling all the way to Bangkok ....... I will definitely make more of an effort next month !!!

73's my friend.
Dave

Offline G4ZCW

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 06:20:14 PM »
Hi Dave,

When is the meeting in December,,and what day,,im hoping to meet John first,then go to where ever the meeting is held.

ill be in Thailand 10th December,knowing my kuck the meeting will be on the 9th,,,lol.

the site seems more busy now,,, just been reading the mails for 30 minutes,,all looks interesting

ok chat to you all later

73s..Roy (g4zcw)

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 07:33:41 PM »
Roy, normally RAST meetings are held the first Sunday of the month at the Sena Place Hotel, from 11am on. This would make the date of December's meeting, the 7th of December.

If extenuating circumstances preclude holding the RAST meeting on its scheduled date, updated information will be posted on this FORUM.

I hope this is helpful.

-Chris Stanford (VA6CS)

Offline G4ZCW

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 01:29:11 AM »
Hi Chris,,Thanks for the info

well at least if i cant make December ..i should be able to make January next year
im there till about the 14th any way

hope to meet many there,,thanks again

Roy (g4zcw)

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 02:00:39 AM »
..i should be able to make January next year

Roy (g4zcw)
Roy, you'll be most welcome!

There is a fairly good Brunch offering that is served up by the Sena Place Hotel and available for our members. We have a fairly lively group that turns up on the first Sunday of the month, and we look forward to meeting you on the 4th of January 2009.

-Chris (VA6CS)

Offline G4ZCW

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 08:37:48 PM »
Hi Chris..Thanks again for info..

yes i will be there 4th Jan...Befor i leave for Thailand (Dec 9th)

I would like directions to the meeting...

Best Regards to all...73s
Roy(g4zcw)

M0XDW

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 03:34:55 PM »
Hi Roy:

Further to this announcemennt the location of the Sena Place hotel can be found here for anyone that hasn't been there before (like me).

It's approximately 144 kilometres from Pattaya City by road (according to Google maps) and contact details for the venue can be found here.

73's
Dave

PS: Any of the other Pattaya members want to car share etc. please let me know and we'll arrange something.

73's
Dave