Author Topic: Battery for Yaesu FT-51R handheld  (Read 3267 times)

Offline HS0ZIB

Battery for Yaesu FT-51R handheld
« on: September 27, 2008, 03:15:49 PM »
I've inherited a Yaesu FT-51R handheld.  Unfortunately, the existing battery is broken and the 'through-wall' power connectors from battery to circuit board are also defunct.

It's a nicely-speced handheld, so I do want to use it. I can resolve the through-wall connector issue by  'hard-wiring' from the pcb to the terminals of a new battery. But I don't have a new battery!

Is there a supplier in Bangkok who can provide a new battery for this handheld? Clubstation shop perhaps?

I'm down in Phuket, so really looking to see if a Bangkok member can help me out by purchasing and EMSing a new battery to me (I will prepay of course).

Thanks

Simon

M0XDW

Re: Battery for Yaesu FT-51R handheld
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 03:30:30 PM »
Hi Simon,
not sure if this is of any help although I do hope so.

http://www.walkie-talkie.net

they stock all kinds of battery, maybe if you contact them with your requirements you can transfer the money direct to them and they will EMS it to you ??

73'
Dave

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
Re: Battery for Yaesu FT-51R handheld
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »
Dear Simon,

well I do not know if you can get these here as spares .... but maybe the last solution would be go to the IT center in Phuket and find a general shop e.g. Amorn SHG or similar ... they changing the cells insdie the case perfectly .... they us a share blade and a hammer to open the case where it is glue or snapped ... then they sell you new cells and put them into the original case ... close it and it looks like before without burr, scratches ... perfect !

Usually they do it for notebooks / laptops .... and it works ...

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

P.S.

Clubstation only have the ANT stuff ! No Rig's no spare parts at all!

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt