Author Topic: Import vs Purchase here  (Read 4372 times)

M0XDW

Import vs Purchase here
« on: September 23, 2008, 09:53:41 AM »
Hi all,
   carrying on this topic in it's own thread I have some questions.

In the previously mentioned topic I did the sums and calculated that a minimum spec. brand new IC-718 costs
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:55:34 AM by M0XDW - HS0ZIR »

M0XDW

Re: Import vs Purchase here
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »
Sorry guys, I think the answer was already provided by Kurt in this message:

I got new Info today about importing a Transceiver to Thailand.

It seems that NTC has made it easier to import and no charge  for the License sticker if the radio is on the list of legal Radios in Thailand.

Thats excludes any rig  that has 6m 50Mhz is forbidden in Thailand

When you obtain the import license for your radio which you have to do before bringing the radio to Thailand, you will also get the licens sticker and no need to bring it to NTC for inspection anymore.

But you still have to declare it in customs and pay tax plus vat 7 % so it can still be expensive, Type 10 year old radio in mint condition is status brand new.
 peng mak mak  :'( >:(

So my second question is - "How much is the total tax, if the import duty is 'tax plus vat 7% ??"

Thanks again 73's
Dave

hs0zdy

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 02:07:54 PM »
Take a look here at Thai Customs web site in English. It is a LOT to read and maybe something can be of use and give a tip on what the actual duty will be. I have no clue myself, just found this site and figured somebody might want to scan through it..
73's
Sam

http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/CargoClearance/CargoClearance.jsp?menuNme=Cargo#import

Offline hs0zfe

• eham
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 11:59:09 AM »
Q: what's the process for HF rigs which are not on the approved transceivers' list?

I heard someone has the Elecraft K3. I got 2 overseas and want to import one - without having the PTD mess about for weeks or months with my baby
www.elecraft.com

Q: is there a process that each approved transceiver gets added? Meaning the list is not up to date and the first OM who imported a K3 paved the way for all followers?

Wishing you all a HNY!

73 de Chris Hs0zfe
02 501 5185
Mobile: 082 5766 516
E-mail: kf6vci@gmail.com

Offline HS0ZHG

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 08:56:47 PM »
Someone may well have a K3 but it is not approved as it still has 6m and 6m is still not allowed.

So a K3 would have to come via other channels. And that's not advice to use other means. ;)

Nathan HS0ZHG

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 01:10:23 PM »
Dear Chris,

well the situation change with the K3 .... the guy who wanted to import it asked Elecraft to disable 6m and Elecraft was fine with that but then the NTC knowed that this is only a software update which could be made reverse by almost everybody ... so finally they canceled to approval this rig's ...

There is NO chance to get it in legally or even registered! If you have 2 of them overseas better leave them there ....

The approved list is up-to-date ( If somebody got a rig regsitered (only NTC registeration which starts with number 1 no others are allowed for HAM's) which is not on the list - Please report and I will update it!)

Rig Registeration Process ... Thread in this forum!)

Happy New Year 2009!

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 01:13:34 PM by HS0ZFZ »
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

M0XDW

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »
There's also this post (which I posted in the wrong thread!!!)

http://rastforum.com/index.php?topic=321.msg1287#new