Author Topic: Station License  (Read 5388 times)

HS0ZIE

Station License
« on: September 22, 2008, 06:11:41 PM »
Hi Guys

This is a new situation that came up now when I bought me a new radio.

When you apply for a station license see that you get for 200 watts immediately other wise like I got for my IC 718 100watt now I have a TS-940 that says in papers 200watt so I have to pay for a new station license again 2400 bath

M0XDW

Re: Station License
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 07:01:04 PM »
Thanks for that info Kurt, do you mind me asking where you bought your shiny new toy ?? was it here in LOS or did you import it ?? If you bought it here would you mind sharing where you bought it and how much you paid for it ??

73's
M0XDW aka Dave

HS0ZIE

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 07:19:23 PM »
Hi

The second hand market is next to nothing here in Thailand on HF gear.

I bought my Icom 718 new in BKK and with dsp in it it whas 35k baht, The Kenwood TS 940 I got on news that ZED had one for sale so thats the story, its about 20 years old but still shiny.
Import can be a risky situation it can be expensive but there is some new stuff to get in BKK in stores like KWANG HAM SHOP they have about 9 stores in BKK area.

But all stations do not have 6m if you check what radios are legal here and then apply for a import license at the ntc before you come here and get that paperwork done , then bring that radio with you from THE UK and declare it by the customs and pay your dutys on it its ok .

But as I said it can be expensive.

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 07:33:26 PM »
Dear Kurt,

Well I guess sometimes they want to treat us a dummies ...   ;D

1. Station Licences .... the legal output power is 200 W - thats what you put in the station licences. It does not matter which Rig's do you have or plan to buy - that is the legal output limit and is not related to any type of Rig

2. Shops in BKK - well there are some more shops in BKK ..... Kwang HAM shop / Amorn Communication  / 10 meters  etc.

3. 2 radio's 2 one ant. - ok if each radio is register (rig registration for both + station licences)
    2 radio 2 ant. (rig registration for both + station licences)

Even a HF station licences (Intermediate Class) includes the VHF station as well ....   

For all of you who never have seen a station licences we are not allow to us DTMF tones even on HF as well on VHF  ... maybe that is the reason why all Echolink stations fixed linked to the thailand conference .... well we have to change that! - Revise your station licences it's written on the backsite of it ... HiHI!!

According to the station licence just in case of causing TVI or another problem caused of your station you (we) are responsable to pay to expanses of your neighbours to get rid of that .... it also written there ... HIHI !!! soo better make a proper setup otherwise you have to replace koax in the whole village / replacing connector and so on ....

That it nothing else should be true .....

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:48:23 PM by HS0ZFZ »
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

HS0ZIE

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 07:48:32 PM »
To clear it up little .

My first station license that I got with the IC 718 and I mean station license says 100watts , now the original radio license from zed says 200 watts on the ts 940.
Thats the reason why they now charge me for a new station license also.

M0XDW

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 07:49:42 PM »
Hi

I bought my Icom 718 new in BKK and with dsp in it it whas 35k baht, The Kenwood TS 940 I got on news that ZED had one for sale so thats the story, its about 20 years old but still shiny.
Import can be a risky situation it can be expensive but there is some new stuff to get in BKK in stores like KWANG HAM SHOP they have about 9 stores in BKK area.

But all stations do not have 6m if you check what radios are legal here and then apply for a import license at the ntc before you come here and get that paperwork done , then bring that radio with you from THE UK and declare it by the customs and pay your dutys on it its ok .

The 718 is a nice rig for sure.

35k baht is about
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:52:32 PM by M0XDW - HS0ZIR »

M0XDW

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 07:59:58 PM »

For all of you who never have seen a station licences we are not allow to us DTMF tones even on HF as well on VHF  ... maybe that is the reason why all Echolink stations fixed linked to the thailand conference .... well we have to change that! - Revise your station licences it's written on the backsite of it ... HiHI!!

WHAT !!!! no DTMF ?? does anyone know of a reason for this ?? very strange.

73's
M0XDW aka Dave

HS0ZIE

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 08:10:01 PM »
Hi

The 718 is a nice rig for sure.

35k baht is about

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 08:26:40 PM »
Dear All,

well Kurt that is normal you had to change your station licences if you want to use 200W "option" of that rig .... well using only 100W should be also ok ... but they will not accept it ....

Dave well I guess the DTMF stuff is still an issuse of remote controlling some stuff ... like what ever .... well I guess nowadays it's easier and cheaper to get a sim and a mobile for remoting something what ever it is and let it ring or set the alarm function maybe that's it ... that what they fear about in the past but nowadays with all the digital modes it should be better revised and remove ....

IC718 - it is the cheapest Basic Radio which allows you to get a station licences .... well the prices you mention are only valid if the rig is officially imported if not you should not be able to obtain the required NTC sticker ..... Downtown BKK you can get a lot "not import" rig - gray imported radio which are sold to the smugglers in XW / XU / XV anyway becareful with rig's which do not have the sticker out of the shelf .... maybe you will not be possible to register it ....

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:29:33 PM by HS0ZFZ »
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

M0XDW

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 09:39:12 AM »
Dave well I guess the DTMF stuff is still an issuse of remote controlling some stuff ... like what ever .... well I guess nowadays it's easier and cheaper to get a sim and a mobile for remoting something what ever it is and let it ring or set the alarm function maybe that's it ... that what they fear about in the past but nowadays with all the digital modes it should be better revised and remove ....

IC718 - it is the cheapest Basic Radio which allows you to get a station licences .... well the prices you mention are only valid if the rig is officially imported if not you should not be able to obtain the required NTC sticker ..... Downtown BKK you can get a lot "not import" rig - gray imported radio which are sold to the smugglers in XW / XU / XV anyway becareful with rig's which do not have the sticker out of the shelf .... maybe you will not be possible to register it ....

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

Hi Swen,
    I can't understand how Echolink is being used ?????? ...... what is the point of linking all of the links and repeaters into a 'national conference' ???? in my mind it totally negates the usefulness of echolink.

I have used Echolink quite a bit prior to moving to LOS, mainly for repeater linking from one particular part of the country to another, usually from the repeater which was local to my mothers QTH back to my own QTH - allowing me to maintain contact with amateurs local to my home QTH whilst mobile. If you simply link all repeaters etc. into a 'national conference' then IMHO you are only adding to the QRM in parts of the country which probably aren't interested in what you have to say and therefore stopping other repeater users from utilising their local repeater. I may have it wrong of course.

Thanks for the heads up on the 718 and the grey imports etc. I'll keep my eyes open.

73's
M0XDW

PS: Thanks Kurt, 29,900 baht is still
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:45:21 AM by M0XDW - HS0ZIR »

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 10:41:12 AM »
Dear Dave,

well I guess nobody here had the experience the play with the real options of Echolink ... I enjoyed it to play around the world ....

Well I have an idea maybe that works like we could us it .... also officailly - I hope so ....

Anyway maybe we have to take the hard way to fight for it too to make is officially. Otherwise it will be there decades ...

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

hs0zgj

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 11:47:37 AM »
Its good to understand why everything seems so static on Echolink in Thailand. I did not know about the DTMF rule. Few hams use their computers to call out on US radios but some do make it into other conferences.
Having two meters users able to communicate country wide on echolink is like having a poor mans calling frequency with mobile radios. The Thai Conference, 145mhz conference and HamThai are all great communities. As well as having negative impacts the centrality of the Thailand conference has real benefits. For me it is a blast.

I have no problem with increasing the ability to use DTMF, but I don't see the Thailand Conference as a problem or useless.
Louis
w0it / hs0zgj