Author Topic: Monthly RAST Meeting  (Read 1975 times)

Offline HS/VA6CS

Monthly RAST Meeting
« on: September 22, 2008, 05:40:46 PM »
From my limited experience with both this Forum and the RAST 'qsl.net' website, it seems to me that this Forum is probably the better place to post news/updates/reminders pertaining to the monthly RAST meetings at the Sena Place Hotel. This Forum appears to be far more active than does the website. For example, the just held Pattaya meeting and a follow-up Pattaya meeting currently being set up.

I understand that there exists an assumption that monthly RAST meetings will be held at the Sena Place Hotel on the first Sunday of every month, but 'reminders/cancellations/questions/updates' of those events could be easily posted on this Forum, at one central location. May I suggest this thread serve that purpose?

Thanks for your read.

-Chris Stanford (VA6CS)

Offline HS/VA6CS

Re: Monthly RAST Meeting
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 06:15:37 PM »
The other BIG advantage of this Forum over the RAST website for advices, announcements, ''breaking news', etc., is that this Forum is interactive.
-Chris (VA6CS)

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 06:44:11 PM »
Dear Chris,

well I got that mail about the september meeting and posted it immediately ..... on the forum ...

http://rastforum.com/index.php?topic=103.0

That what I could do ....

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

P.S. Hope to see you on the next meeting in BKK or Pattaya ....
HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 08:13:37 PM »
Absolutely, Swen!

You did great in posting the cancellation news for all to read immediately. I understand you posted the September cancellation news as soon as you received it. This is exactly the reason why I believe all information regarding regular RAST meetings should be posted here on the Forum, for immediate reception by the community. The RAST 'qsl' website does not provide this degree of flexibility. However, I do feel the RAST website is the appropriate place to post the review/minutes of the monthly RAST meeting for a more considered digestion by the community.

As an aside, as it so happens, I had lunch today at the Sena Place Hotel (my first time), with a colleague.

One difficulty I have with 'the first Sunday of the month' is that I am currently booked from 12:00 to 13:30 on the first Sunday of the month at the university I work with. As for Pattaya, never been there but there's always a first time.

Thanks for your read.

-Chris (VA6CS)

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:33:13 AM »
Dear Chris,

well about the website .... somebody is working on that but it takes time .... well and time .... anyway ....

RAST Meeting - Sena Place ... well actually there are some HAM around from 10a.m. onwards until everybody went home .... ~16:00

Try to manage it that we can meet there .... the government issuse is canceled now and the "normal" situation is restored .... the meeting will be held as usally - I guess ... but I will confirm some days before it takes place ....

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

Offline HS/VA6CS

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 01:31:02 PM »
Hi, Swen.
Thanks for the update.
I do not feel I can make it before twelve, but should be there by 2pm - to partake in, and with, the left-overs! ;)

-Chris (VA6CS)