Author Topic: "Total time logged in:"  (Read 2801 times)

Offline HS/VA6CS

"Total time logged in:"
« on: September 22, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »
"Total time logged in:" I'm curious as to the functioning of this utility as displayed at the header of the Forum page.

I have noted, on several occasions over the past week, that the 'Totals' displayed do not change, even after some prolonged period 'logged in', and after clicking on the 'refresh page' button. Has anyone else noted this anomaly?

Any comments?

Thanks for your read.

-Chris Stanford (VA6CS)

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
Re: "Total time logged in:"
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 07:12:52 PM »
Dear Chris,

well I guess you chosed your login and password and then log in forever .... then it does not count the session length because your are always login .... well that's what I guess ... but I have to reconfirm with Alexander  - he installed the forum on his server ....

The forum will save a cookie on your PC to recognise you when you are visiting again ... that's usually almost every website is doing that ....

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

Offline HS/VA6CS

Re: "Total time logged in:"
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:06:13 PM »
Thanks for your insight, Swen
Near the bottom of the 'Yet to login' login page, are two fields which I find a bit confusing. The one reads, "Minutes to stay logged in:". This field has "60" entered in the option box. The second field, just right of the first, is titled, "Always stay logged in:". This optioned is 'checked'.

My guess is that this 'checked' "Always stay logged in:" box is overriding the '60 minutes' box, resulting in my always being logged-in, and that your suppositions are correct.

Thanks for your read.

-Chris (VA6CS)