Author Topic: 2 m in Thailand  (Read 5646 times)

HS0ZIE

2 m in Thailand
« on: September 19, 2008, 04:23:11 PM »
I have a question for our Thai ham friends , I have seen many stacked arrays on 2 m but all on vertical pol.
I also seen  that there are many ssb station like old IC 275 for sale to over price on Thai second hand Rusty and oxidized.

But I have never heard anybody use SSB on 2 m all stations  work FM, Why then use 4 stacked antennas an so on ok its looking  nice, but the the meaning of use is not what it supposed to be.

Stacked antennas Horizontal pol. less qrm work SSB and work distance . Thats fun on 2 m

With this I hope we also can get some god activity on 2m like for examp worked all Thailand province on 2m SSB

And not only the chit chat CB use that is going on today, and also hope that this will be a jump for many to HF.

But still remember that the real Hams experimental hams are on 2 m and up because there you have to do much work to reach out to the world, but on HF you can use almost anything for antenna..

;)

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
  • CQ CQ DX .... de HS0ZFZ
Re: 2 m in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 08:30:33 PM »
Well we are allowed to use ever SSB .... oh wonder oh wonder

73's HS0ZFZ

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

QTH: OK03jt

Offline HS0ZIL

• Life is too short for QRP!!
    • Moonbouncing
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 03:13:57 AM »
Hello Kurt and Swen,

hope to activate the SSB sector on 144MHz next year and be very active from the North East!
It is a good idea to create a diplom for 2m activities.
I will stack my yagis vertical too, because it is easier to handle if you stack 2 yagis and want to
elevate them  :)

See you next year!

P.S.: Swen, did you still find metric aluminium tube?

HS    EME#2
HS0Z EME#1
1st WAC 144MHz EME in HS

QTH: OK16bq

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 09:16:29 AM »
Dear Karsten,

well maybe you do not know but we have a 2m diplom here in HS ... with a lot of activities .... well unfortunatley I do not have any equipment for SSB on 2m    :'(

About the metric al tube THESE ARE NOT AVAILABLE here in HS ..... I check every oppertunity .... NO CHANCE!!!!! only the INCH tubes you can get almost at every 7/11 ! HIHIHIHHI!

We were looking for replacments for my fritzel GAP404 ... but you know if you ever assemblied these ant. the gap's from this tubes are very tight - you just can slide them into each other - perfekt precision! ..... the stuff you can get on the market have too high tolerances that you have to squeeze the tube to much ... anyway we ordered them from Fritzel - quite expensive but they fit perfekt size to size - They told us they special made for Fritzel with this close tolerances .... This ant. is installed almost 1 year at my house in QSO!

Next week I will install my 2m ant's ( l/4 GP and 6el DK7ZB Yagi) .... the first test QSO's I did already with both ant's - almos perfekt SWR!!

I will sent you a private message (PM) in this forum - have a look on the top register of the forum ...

73 de HS0ZFZ

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

HS0ZIE

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 01:26:24 PM »
Hi All

I learned something new today about 2 m in Thailand

If you have a novice license that most Thais have you are only allowed to work FM modulation on VHF 2m.
But if you have intermediate license which is High class then you are allowed to work CW , SSB and other modes on 2 m VHF band. ;)
All according to friends in NTC Chiangmai

Offline G0MIH

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 06:29:11 PM »
Hi all.

When I get my Thai licence sorted out I would like to run 2meter SSB. What are the other countries around Thailand running???

Paul G0MIH :)

Offline HS0ZFZ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 05:13:43 PM »
XU, XV, XW, XY, XZ, 9M2 ...  VR2, XX, BD, BG, ....

Only XV, VR2, XX, 9M2 running some 144 SSB often only during DX-peditions.

HS 99.8% vertical that is 'coz of repeater and beginner license!

Would be nice to see your rpt's ....

GD DX!

73 de hs0zfz

Swen

HS0ZFZ   - Swen

HS    EME#6
HS0Z EME#2

Offline hs0zfe

• eham
Re: 2 m in Thailand - budget H-Ts made in China
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 08:50:06 PM »
These Baofeng UV-3R and UV-5R are sold on www.ebay.com often for $ 35 with free shipping.
Q: can they get permitted?
Q: what about Icom's IC-300 CS?

73, Chris HS0ZFE
Mobile: 082 5766 516
E-mail: kf6vci@gmail.com

Offline HS0ZLJ

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 09:59:58 PM »
Just putting an antenna on my pickup. Will be listening :)...

A number of cars dropping by have callsigns attached. So hope to talk to you soon in the north :).
Marcus, Chiang Mai
Y44RI / DL4AKB / 9V1AG / HS0ZLJ