Author Topic: Want buy Amplifier  (Read 3532 times)

Offline (HB9TWK)

Want buy Amplifier
« on: December 24, 2016, 02:17:32 PM »
Hello from Switzerland, i recieve my Thai call HS0ZMY and i want to buy for my house in Sattahip Chonburi 1 amplifier 1 KW + big rotator can support big Cubex quad antenna 4 éléments 6 band boom long 9 meter 80 Kg  73" Denis HB9TWK
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:37:06 PM by (HB9TWK) »

Offline HS0ZIV

Re: Want buy Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 10:37:01 AM »
Denis,
check your Thai radio licence first. There you will find the power output you can use. As far as i know the intermediate licence is limited to 200W, but even that depends on the radio you use. I use a IC-718 and my licence is limited to 100W as the radio is not producing more power.
Using an 1 kW amplifier is therfore ilegal.
The only chance to run 1 kW is the new Thai high power licence, but as far as I know the only chance to get it is to make a new radio examination in Thailand. And that's maybe in Thai language only.!
Please don't do any ileagal things, because if you will be caught maybe all HS0Zxx farangs have to suffer from that.
73 Helmut
HS0ZIV

Offline HS0ZLW

• CW and Contest fan
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 10:45:01 AM »
Not only is the advanced licence in the Thai language, but it is only open to Thai citizens.

Foreigners in Thailand only have the option of a reciprocal licence - the HS0Zxx licence we all have. Or they can apply for Thai citizenship, which is difficult to qualify for, and takes a long time to get.

Best regards and 73,

Scott HS0ZLW
Scott Earle,
HS0ZLW, G0SWG

Offline (HB9TWK)

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »
ok thanks to all to your answer, i recieve only my card licence not more documents with more infos for power for tower or other. In HS i buy already icom 7300 in april i come for 4-6 months now i have new house, i have to contact the NBTC ?