Author Topic: SOLD!! MORSE Express anniversary key, Xmas 2014, #13  (Read 969 times)

Offline HS0ZIB

SOLD!! MORSE Express anniversary key, Xmas 2014, #13
« on: September 02, 2016, 10:26:06 AM »
A beautifully-crafted, fully-operational, miniature morse code key, some cosmetic wear but in vgc.

Now completely sold out by Morse Express, but their as-new price was $70 (2,500 baht).  I will accept 1,500 baht with FREE registered shipping.

This is what Morse Express says about their special edition Christmas keys:

The 2004 Christmas Key is a fully functional miniature camel-back telegraph key commissioned by Morse Express and made by GHD Telegraph Key in Sendai City Japan.  The Christmas Key is made to demanding American technical standards and combines traditional Japanese craftsmanship with GHD's impeccable engineering and finish.

The Morse Express 2004 Christmas Key is fully adjustable, with precision pin bearings at the rear-mounted trunnion, and it has two miniature binding posts for easy connection to oscillator or transmitter. Its balance is perfect, and lever tension is provided by compression spring that is located forward of the trunnion post. The contacts are hard-silver and they are adjusted by a unique mechanism which provides precision as well as reliability. Beneath the lower contact is vibration dampener.  The base is a deep plating of hard chrome over brass with a mirror-smooth finish.   The knob is hand-turned ebony, and there is an anti-skid rubber pad on the bottom for stability and protection of the working surface.   GHD's Toshihiko Ujiie uses both modern and traditional techniques to produce a miniature key that will be equally at home in the radio shack, in the field, or decorating a Christmas tree.

The Christmas keys represent my annual opportunity to play around with key design and to have a master craftsman carry out the work.

It measures  1" x 2" at the base.  It is 1" tall depending on adjustment,  and it weighs just over 2 ounces.   

Please contact me at 0900033945 or simonluttrell AT yahoo DOT com
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:20:39 PM by HS0ZIB »