Author Topic: Warning: advance payment scams are everywhere!  (Read 645 times)

Offline hs0zfe

• eham
Warning: advance payment scams are everywhere!
« on: November 02, 2015, 12:09:51 PM »
Once someone who knew nothing about the hobby offered me a TenTec Omni 6+ for 150 pounds. He wanted cash to be sent to London. You guessed it: Western Union!  ::)

Even items like a used notebook posted in DL attracted several African scammers. (Yeah, I would love to ship it to someone's niece in Sierra Leone).

THINK. Nice high end rigs could and would e sold within hours. someone local would hop in the car and drive to get them. The IC-7800 costs now what, $ 12 k? But the whole idea is to find some overseas buyer who cannot come by and look at the radios.
When I worked at an internet bank in 2001, I got lots of calls from Police stations all over DL. Someone with an account (!) had been sending out bricks.

Please be careful!

Chris HS0ZFE

Mobile: 082 5766 516
E-mail: kf6vci@gmail.com

Offline k4hyz

Re: Warning: advance payment scams are everywhere!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »
Swen i suggest you delete any for sale posts without a local phone number...just an idea ::)

Offline HS0ZLJ

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 08:01:27 PM »
A good thing that works in forums since the existence of the interwebz is to require a certain amount of posts before one can offer stuff. Given the low participation here, it could be 5 or at least one posting (saying hello or something) before one is allowed to post ads.
Marcus, Chiang Mai
Y44RI / DL4AKB / 9V1AG / HS0ZLJ

Offline HS2JFW

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 10:21:06 AM »
All those topics was removed. Thank you for information.

73 Joe
HS2JFW